Dual Pressure Reg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo1234

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a Dual Pressure Reg on my kegerator (Harris Dual Pressure Reg) but as it is only new have only been using the first reg for the past few weeks untill I had 3 kegs full ready to go.

I filled 3 kegs last night and hooked them up with the plan to force carb at 275kpa for 24 hours. I have 1 line splitting into 2 off the first reg and a single line off the second reg. The first reg went to 275 easily and stayed there fine but the second reg was a real issue to wind up to 275 and once it was there the bolt just kept unwinding itself... as though the pressure was pushing back against it and unwinding it... I tried locking the nut but that just kept getting unwound too... After a little while it unwound itself the whole way so had 0 pressure runningt hrough.

Really not sure what the issue is with the second reg? This doesn't happen with the first one so not sure if I am doing something wrong with the second reg? Am I meant to do something in a different procedure when using the second reg? I understand that I have to have the higher pressure on the first (obviously so that it will let the pressure through to the second).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Camo

Hi Guys

I have a Dual Pressure Reg on my kegerator (Harris Dual Pressure Reg) but as it is only new have only been using the first reg for the past few weeks untill I had 3 kegs full ready to go.

I filled 3 kegs last night and hooked them up with the plan to force carb at 275kpa for 24 hours. I have 1 line splitting into 2 off the first reg and a single line off the second reg. The first reg went to 275 easily and stayed there fine but the second reg was a real issue to wind up to 275 and once it was there the bolt just kept unwinding itself... as though the pressure was pushing back against it and unwinding it... I tried locking the nut but that just kept getting unwound too... After a little while it unwound itself the whole way so had 0 pressure runningt hrough.

Really not sure what the issue is with the second reg? This doesn't happen with the first one so not sure if I am doing something wrong with the second reg? Am I meant to do something in a different procedure when using the second reg? I understand that I have to have the higher pressure on the first (obviously so that it will let the pressure through to the second).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Camo

Probably not helpful, but why the same pressure on both regs. The idea of two regs is so that you can use two different pressures. If you want 275kpa on two/three kegs then just split the line from the first reg set at 275, you can have already carbonated kegs connected to the second reg at serving pressure.

Screwy

Camo

Probably not helpful, but why the same pressure on both regs. The idea of two regs is so that you can use two different pressures. If you want 275kpa on two/three kegs then just split the line from the first reg set at 275, you can have already carbonated kegs connected to the second reg at serving pressure.

Screwy

Hey Screwy, I only have a 3 keg keggerator so can't have others hooked up.... All the kegs have Ale's in at the moment so will end up serving them at the same pressure but I got the dual reg for future purposes so that I had the ability to run a higher carbed lager and some ale's etc... I had the cash so invested in the right reg for the future at the time :icon_cheers: (Make that I had permission from SWMBO at the time so didn't want to fight another battle down the track when I wanted to upgrade)

Camo

Camo,

You can't turn up the 2nd output to greater than the first as the gas travels via the 1st output first.
Use the 2nd output for your beer & then you can turn up the other one to whatever you want for carbonating.

Cheers Ross

Camo,

You can't turn up the 2nd output to greater than the first as the gas travels via the 1st output first.
Use the 2nd output for your beer & then you can turn up the other one to whatever you want for carbonating.

Cheers Ross

Hi Ross

I had them both set at the same pressure as I am carbing all three kegs at once.... The second only has 1 keg on it and it pressurized up to the 275 but then slowly wound back.... Once the first two kegs are pressurised tonight I will connect them to the second one and then carb up the thrid keg via the first output and see how that goes.

Cheers gusy! Camo

Back