Dual Gas Regs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trough Lolly

"Drink, Feck, Arse, Girls"!
Reaction score
Doc, and other kegging afficionados!

A long, long time ago, you mentioned here that you were using a dual reg. Am I correct in assuming that you are using a dual outlet regulator as opposed to the more normal dual guage regulator? :huh:

The good luck gods are staring at me right now - a friend of a friend is going away for a year or so and has asked me to look after his keg fridge - I have graciously accepted his offer :p

I'm thinking that a reg that allows me to carbonate a keg on one line AND serve with 2 kegs on another T-pieced line at the same time would be quite sexy! B)

Are these dual regs relatively easy to find and what sort of price am I looking at?

Cheers,
TL (Yippee, kegged beer at Xmas!!) :) :D :lol: :chug: :blink: :wacko:

Yep, bang on TL.
My gas reg has three gauges. One for the tank and one each for the gas lines.

Here is a piccy.
DualReg.jpg

Most single gauge regs can have another gauge added to them also. I could add a third to mine for instance.

Availability isn't too bad. The Country Brewer and Whats Brewing in Sydney both can source Dual Gauge regs. You could probably get them cheaper from the appropriate specialty store. Price from memory is around the $150 mark.

Beers,
Doc

By the way ignore my labels on each outlet.
One is saying left and the other dual. That used to mean that one gasline had a single outlet and the other like you suggest had a t-piece with two disconnects.
Now one line had six outlets and the other two since I put in my keg freezer.

Beers,
Doc

Outstanding! Thanks Doc ;)

I was trawling the net and found this unit at "HeyBeerMan123.com"
a2pressuresec.JPG

US$60 is reasonable - and morebeer has them just like yours for US$99 here.
What about the Oz HSB guys - JM? Dave? Gerard? :huh:...

Cheers,
TL

TL. Now I'm no professional on this but! I don't think the US regs will fit an Aussie CO2 bottle. However, I think all CO2 regs use a 1/4" fitting for all the parts that connect into the reg body. This means that if you have an Aussie CO2 reg with a spare outlet connection (sometimes this just has a 1/4" plug in it) you could buy a single(or several single) US C02 gauge used for doubling a reg up and this should techically attach to an Aus reg no worries.

Now I'm only postulating this, you'd need to do some more specific research but I think this should work. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. But be wary of US CO2 regs TL.

Cheers, Justin

Thanks Justin,
Yeah, I've had a couple of others warn me about threads on US regs and how they can differ from ours...All the more reason to get some feedback from the HBS guys...?!!

When you delve into things a bit deeper, I notice on morebeer.com that some of their "secondary regs" are just that - you need to hook them up to a CO2 reg and they won't hang directly off the CO2 bottle.

This reg... sells for US$99 and is a dual body three guage unit, whereas this unit... is a dual reg that says...
Push different CO2 pressures to different kegs using your existing CO2 set up. Secondary regulators do not attach directly to CO2 tanks. They are designed to be used inline when you already have our dual gauge CO2 regulator, D1060.

This is the "D1060" which costs US$55:
d1060.jpg

The fun never ends, eh?! :rolleyes:
TL
(Note: All prices quoted without postage) :(

Vic Fittings in Mitcham has dual guage regs for ~$AU90 inc GST. I picked up a single gauge one for $75 inc (brewiki details)

These are regs for the beer industry, made in Oz and they have manifolds if you want to connect multiple regulators.

SodaStreamReg.jpg

PS if you can drop in, take in some of your homebrew and ask for the "homebrewers discount" ;)

One minute soda stream, next minute its on a fire extinguisher ...

FireExtinguisherValveReg.jpg

Nice valve(IFS) on the CO2 bottle sos......where did you source that from????

Linz said:
Nice valve(IFS) on the CO2 bottle sos......where did you source that from????
Believe it or not it comes from IFS :p

I updated the brewiki page with the suppliers URLs.

The regulator is a great deal too at $75 inc GST.

Have you had this unit filled yet Sosman?

I had a visit from my friendly IFS man today, and asked him about this valve as it is not in my catalogue... he indicated that they had them in stock, but he had not seen them used in this application before. I will take the pic to IFS later today, and try and get one, and then try to get to see the fire extinguisher man next week.... much tidier than using the squeeze trigger arrangement on recycled extinguishers.

dreamboat

Hi Troughlolly

I've set up my brew fridge with 5 taps and I can serve a couple of taps at different pressure. I use a fire extinguisher for the CO2 bottle, and attached to this is the primary regulator. From this I use beer line to attach to a 2-way manifold. This is the high carbonation side which I can use to serve lagers, weizens etc. From this maifold I use beer line to attach to a secondary regulator (US$21.50 from Brewers Discount). This reduces the pressure for ale serving and is attched using beer line to a 4 way manifold. This means I can either have 2 high carbonation beers + 3 lower carbonation beers, or 1 + 4, or all five high carbonation or all 5 low carbonation. I set it up this way because I mainly drink ales, but also like the occassional lager.

I reckon those people using the flow restrictors that Roach ordered would do a similar job. One regultor and a series of T pieces, then use the flow regulators to drop the pressure as required.

Cheers
Mark

Trough Lolly said:
Outstanding! Thanks Doc ;)

I was trawling the net and found this unit at "HeyBeerMan123.com"
a2pressuresec.JPG

US$60 is reasonable - and morebeer has them just like yours for US$99 here.
What about the Oz HSB guys - JM? Dave? Gerard? :huh:...

Cheers,
TL
Ah bugger!
I ordered that US$99 regulator a few days ago from morebeer.com and didn't even think about any difference in the connections :(
Btw, that regulator is not even showing at their site now.

Latest posts

Back