Dsga 1.016 After 14 Days @ 18c

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iralosavic

Reaction score
Should I condition now or rouse the yeast cake and check again in a few days? (AG variant 60 min mash @66c). Cheers​

Should I condition now or rouse the yeast cake and check again in a few days? (AG variant 60 min mash @66c). Cheers​

Calibrated thermometer? 2 degrees out would mean your mash was at 68, which could easily account for your 1.016 FG.

Which yeast? Did you underpitch?

Thermometer is calibrated to my stc100 probe in an ice slurry, so still room for error I guess! I need an oldschool glass thermometer to tripple check everything. The hydro is accurate at least (tested in water).

I used US05. The krausen was typical for thus stain and the yeAst cake quite large like usual.​
Calibrated thermometer? 2 degrees out would mean your mash was at 68, which could easily account for your 1.016 FG.

Which yeast? Did you underpitch?

You couls rack it to a secondary? Sometimes gets mine going again.

I would sterilise a spoon and give it a gentle rouse.

If it doesn't drop for another few days then need to reconsider, If you keg no real probs, but if your a bottler then possible go plastic bottles

I roused the yeast back into suspension. I'll take a SG reading wednesday (for my records) and crash chill ready to transfer to secondary on Sat. 14 days after that, it's keg, force carbonate and drink! Have a few weeks to blow a keg hmm so much responsibility!

Latest posts

Back