Dryhopping With Pacific Hallertaau

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Hey all.

Got a Blonde Ale I'm going to keg tonight. One keg is going to get a teaball full of B Saaz flowers as a dryhop which I've heard are quite good in this regard.

My main question is has anybody had any experience using Pacific Hallertau as a dry hop? Just wondering if it's worth the risk/effort. I want to drop a tea ball full in the 2nd keg. :beerbang:

Any help appreciated.

Warren -

Hey all.

Got a Blonde Ale I'm going to keg tonight. One keg is going to get a teaball full of B Saaz flowers as a dryhop which I've heard are quite good in this regard.

My main question is has anybody had any experience using Pacific Hallertau as a dry hop? Just wondering if it's worth the risk/effort. I want to drop a tea ball full in the 2nd keg. :beerbang:

Any help appreciated.

Warren -

Yep, we use 'em here at Murray's ;) A blend of the Pac Hall and the B-Saaz is a real winner as well. The Pac Hall blends well in general - where we use them in dry hop form it is always blended with another hop such as B-Saaz or Kiwi Cascade... Either way I doubt you'll be disappointed with them mate.

Good luck with it Warren :)

Shawn.

Just like the cavalry mate... :lol:

Dry hop it is, many thanks Shawn. :)

I might even go 50/50 B Saaz, Pacific Hallertau in each keg as you said.

Warren -

Back