Dry July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm Westvleteren 8 atm bloody tasty

wait till friday cocko you wont bother showing in chat I bet! I will get double pissed just for you haha.

Im going with what someone else said they were doing
$1 in a jar for every home brew they drank
$20 already 2 days into it, should pay the next brew or two :drinks:

I am pure alcohol lol ;) been thinking hard of cutting back though not so much a dry month or week but for good. But then I have a shit day and that never happens

Decided to do it 3 days in (was on conference and had a few beers, nothing over the top) but got talking about my health with the boss who was there too - I suggested it would be a good idea to try at least.

3 days later i'm still dry (excluding a SMALL sip from the IPA I have on dry hop!) but I have been on holidays since the conference. When I go back to work and have to hack my way through the traffic to and from work again, then that will be the real test :)

A good way to get some beer into the kegs and let it condition properly instead of getting to the bottom of the keg just as it's getting good!

Good timing with SABSOSA coming up :)

Decided to do it 3 days in (was on conference and had a few beers, nothing over the top) but got talking about my health with the boss who was there too - I suggested it would be a good idea to try at least.

3 days later i'm still dry (excluding a SMALL sip from the IPA I have on dry hop!) but I have been on holidays since the conference. When I go back to work and have to hack my way through the traffic to and from work again, then that will be the real test :)

A good way to get some beer into the kegs and let it condition properly instead of getting to the bottom of the keg just as it's getting good!

Good timing with SABSOSA coming up :)

Sh*t i wouldn't have a hope in doing this in my holidays. That is when i drink the most and start at midday. Great Effort.

<snip>
That's what I'm doing, another trip down to craftbrewer on the way to pick up baby stuff.

I wish i had a couple more kegs, as i didn't get around to drinking the half full keg, now i'm going to have to bottle a full batch.

At least wifey says I've alrewdy lost weight.

I wish i had a couple more kegs, as i didn't get around to drinking the half full keg, now i'm going to have to bottle a full batch.

At least wifey says I've alrewdy lost weight.

Offset the cost of a couple more kegs against the savings from not drinking for a month. If swmbo is proud of you, you're already half way there.

I am giving myself a night off (or should that be a night on?) tonight.

So far though, it's been going pretty well, though the desire to have a beer when I get home from work is surprisingly strong.

3 afd's a month equates to more than dry july. Just sayin..... :D

Like i said 1$ in a jar for every home brew i drink
I've $ 10 credit at the moment or 10 free beers :D

Like i said 1$ in a jar for every home brew i drink
I've $ 10 credit at the moment or 10 free beers :D

I am confused...

You are discouraging yourself from drinking for the month, to give you body a break or whatever your reason for 'dry july', by paying yourself a dollar every time you have a beer, then you will take that money and spend it on yourself/more beer?? :blink:

I see how that is awesome.

I am confused...

You are discouraging yourself from drinking for the month, to give you body a break or whatever your reason for 'dry july', by paying yourself a dollar every time you have a beer, then you will take that money and spend it on yourself/more beer?? :blink:

I see how that is awesome.

You're right it will pay for the next brew or two
I wont even notice the money coming out of my account as it will be cash
And wont notice a couple of dollars here or there
FREE BEER IN MY BOOK

Back