Dry July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rehab

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place for the topic.

I am drying off for a month and found this also coincides with Dry July. I have registered for the event and as of the first will not put a glass of alcohol to my lips for the whole month.
The best part is there is a bloody good cause to help out at the same time.

Dry July put any money raised towards a Hospitals efforts of fighting the Big C (and we all know someone who has been hit with this in their time). I am putting out a link to my profile and any donations can be put there but also Im sure that there is an Aussie equivalent if others want to sign up and dry off for a good cause for July also.
None of the money comes to me and your Australian dollars are probably worth one million of our NZD by time of reading this!

https://nz.dryjuly.com/profile/chrispritchard

above is my profile and I hope some out there can afford a few bob here and there and we can help out for a good cause.

Cheers to all (even non donators as I know other things also can take priority bills etc come first =) )

Chris

Good luck mate, I did this a couple of years ago...good cause but was good to dry out for a month

Nice Chris. I'm swearing off in July - as I try to do every July and I had thought there was a charity event for it, so I'll be supporting this as well.

Goomba

PS. If anyone has kegs available for sale - I'd love them. No beer for the month and the QABC coming up - I need the keg space, as I won't be drinking.

I was hoping this thread would not come up. Four weeks is a bloody long time!

Maybe we need to start promoting dry-half-July, because 4 weeks is a bit much. I reckon I could nail 2 weeks though! Or 2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off

I have no problem doing 4 weeks....just in 5 day stints during the week

The weekend doesn't count right?

If it wasn't for the Qld case swap, Qld beer week, BABBs annual comp, our anniversary and my daughter's birthday I'd be all over this.

I personally hadn't considered entering, but I thought the name 'Dry July' was ironic and the idea was to have as many drinking days as possible, therefore raising money through Golden Tickets. If you're not drinking every day, you may be doing it wrong!

was going to do it but its so hard working in a brewery.

I was thinking about taking a break to help pay for some booze gear I bought today... but I don't think I have the willpower :wub:

Every home brew I drink in July, I'll put $1 in a jar, which will go towards supporting the Warners Bay Tavern some time in March. Those delicious beers need and deserve a good home.

I once had an alcohol free day. It was a total fluke and not planned in any way; it just happened. But it was alright. I didn't feel weird or different. I could probably handle another one with no trouble. It was in the winter of 1997.

loved that thread about AFD's ether heaps are lying, heaps just didnt answer as they dont have one or a **** load of people on the forum have 1 or more AFD a week!

I was one not to answer as I dunno the last time I had one :p

not the best place to put up an invite for my bday pissup mid july then?

I am doing it.

Probably will slow the post count a little, hey bribes! :ph34r: :p

Here for all being involved.

Looking forward to it.. you homs!

I'd give this a try but not in my first season of all grain. Got 4 kegs going without a fridge at the moment. The perks of Victorian winters.

I once had an alcohol free day. It was a total fluke and not planned in any way; it just happened. But it was alright. I didn't feel weird or different. I could probably handle another one with no trouble. It was in the winter of 1997.

Might be a bit soon.
I wouldn't risk it just yet.

Latest posts

Back