Dry July Conclusion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a dead set fuckwit. what a good troll line how many people you expecting to insult with that one.

I think the idea of an education into the purpose of the cause might see a few more donations given a bit of notice.
Nick cops a lot of shit for some of the things he say, but clearly his last comment is a bit of a joke, and I don't think he deserves that kind of comment.

Calling people tight assed bastards when they don't donate to their charity - I ask you who are the real fuckwits

Unrealeous, Dry July has nothing to do with trying to get everyone to stop drinking for a month. It is about people volunteering to give up something we all love and get sponsored for it to raise money for a worthy charity. Nick's comment is wilfully ignorant and he's playing to the cheap seats (as do almost all of his posts).

Just My 2c for what its worth. I have spent many years in charity work, sales and marketing - for whatever that is worth to this comment. Im not ignorant nor a tight arse however I personally think Nick hit the nail on the head albeit maybe not clearly expressed for some. From my experience nobody else is as passionate as the fundraiser for the charity concerned - I think we all experienced that here and yes it does show the passion for the cause which is worth a lot. If you want people to cough up coin then make it easy for them to do it and then make them feel good about it. I was thinking the same concept as Nick, asking people who enjoy beer to not drink may minimise the support. However asking them to donate a dollar for every beer they brew may make a fortune - maybe. Its all about ease for those less passionate but willing to help if they can.

All I know is the day those dedicated Salvo's rattle a can in front of me and then complain about how much I give is the day I will never give another cent.

Back to my beer!

Cheers BDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back