Dry hopping set up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeTee

Reaction score
Hi there, What is the most popular method of dry hopping in the Allrounder? I have seen a couple of posts using two red posts and a ball valve with at T piece. A couple of pics. Which method? What is the purpose of the second red post?

6077A051-9D58-407A-BCC0-A0D2D887EA79.jpeg
2E0B7615-AF77-4A3E-810D-9CF26EBDE2B7.jpeg

GeeTee

What is the purpose of the second red post?

Don't dry hop with one of these, but I'm assuming the red post is used to fill the soft drink bottle containing the hops with CO2, minimising O2 transfer into the FV.

@GeeTee Long discuss on the US forum " using " this for dry hopping. Not successful and was frustrating.

I use the fermentasaurus and just put the hops in a bag with a magnet in the bag ( magnet vacuum sealed ) and a computer hard drive magnet on the outside.
Keep it above the beer and if possible above the krausen and then I slide it in when needed. I don't drop it as this way I can swish it around, clean the sides of the fermenter and pull them out of the beer at the designated time. Save the T piece for micro kegging or as part of a blow off setup to catch yeast.

Open lid pour in hops , put lid back on. Charge with Co2 to expel oxygen if needed.

Latest posts

Back