Dry hopping amber ale?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartD

Reaction score
I've just jumped back into homebrewing and picked up a Bremer Brewing Little Black Box - Amber Ale from the brewshop. It comes with wort and a packet of yeast, but I'd like to dry hop it to add some more flavour. I discovered I still have some 3 varieties of hop pellets in my fridge that I'd like to use up: Topaz, Northern Brewer, and Melba. Would any or all of these work in an amber ale?

The amber ale is described as:
A medium bodied ale with moderate hop aroma and flavour coming from the late kettled additions of E.K. Goldings hops. A moderately high maltiness balances the beer in the slight favour of malt character. Amber to coppery brown in colour. Off white to copper head with good retention.

Cheers.

TBH those are not the type of hops for aroma, they will work but you would be better off grabbing some more like Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo or even Cascade or Centennial

TBH those are not the type of hops for aroma, they will work but you would be better off grabbing some more like Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo or even Cascade or Centennial

Oh well. I'll check out some of those varieties then. Thank you!

Northern brewer would be the best of those you have on hand. It’ll play well with the EKG in the kit.

Back