Dry Hopped Rogers This Friday At Fremantle Lc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pete - sounds like we were at a different brewery ! :D

I really like Rogers as a drink (its my usual choice if I'm in polite company...) but I was just underwhelmed. There might have been a touch more bitterness from the topaz, but only just. to my taste anyway. But I wouldn't have expected to get much in a dry hopped schedule anyway even with a high AA.

Its the maltiness and body for a mid-strength that I think makes it a winner for me. The late hops balance it all out nicely. BUT, if they were advertising a dry hopped beer, I thought they could have gone a lot harder and had some fun with it. I used 6g/l of admittedly some oldish hops, but that woudl overwhelm that type of beer, but I reckon they could have at least doubled what they used.

Sorry we missed you chaps - we were sitting at the front window (inside) near to the door I think we pretty much stayed there except for a touch of quadraped chasng from Asher and Lou (though I see that is a thing of the past now !). I got there about 5:00pm I think and left prolly around 6:15ish.

I can't wait to try a new beer with more people next time. Or even check out some local ones.

Saying that I was happy to be going to LCs that day is more than an understatement. I thought my excitement may have got the better of me. :rolleyes:

Bummed that I missed this... Hopefully they do something similar again sometime.

BTW - I know that barmaid! I was just about to email her the link to the youtube to tell her that she was famous, but not too sure she'd be keen on the caption :lol: She knows a bit about beer too!

Bummed that I missed this... Hopefully they do something similar again sometime.

BTW - I know that barmaid! I was just about to email her the link to the youtube to tell her that she was famous, but not too sure she'd be keen on the caption :lol: She knows a bit about beer too!

Awww... You totally should! She was awesome. First the conversation starting by me agreeing she was awesome straight away even before asking for beer. Then ending by her trying the beer and giving her opinion on the two.

Send the link on through whitegoose, I took the caption away. Awesome barmaid deserves her fame.

Awww... You totally should! She was awesome. First the conversation starting by me agreeing she was awesome straight away even before asking for beer. Then ending by her trying the beer and giving her opinion on the two.

Send the link on through whitegoose, I took the caption away. Awesome barmaid deserves her fame.

Hahah cool I'll do it now

This from the brewer man:

Yeah, we are going to try and do more of those types of events. Next thing we have is a tank of Pale Ale made with an AE of 3.6Plato (normal is around 3) and a BU of 45 (normal 38).... That'll be a good one.

Cheers,

Alex Troncoso

Hopefully he won't mind me putting it up here. Will spread the word early and get Pete drooling even more.

That's two points higher and 7 more IBUs. I hope they do something to the grain bill otherwise it looks like a APA with less water. Maybe it's a change so subtle it'll blows my socks off. :icon_drool2:

Alex is that guy you were talking to? He seems like a cool brew dog. If they're planning to make their floral Pale Ale a bit more bitter and a bit more sweet I don't see how that would work. I'd be interested to see how this effects mouth feel as LCPA is quite light on the palate.

Back