Dry Hopped Rogers This Friday At Fremantle Lc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jyo why would you leave early? I thought the hand pump wasn't going to start until 4pm? And yeah the Little Creatures beers lean more towards the dry hop floral aromas rather than the malt body. Mind you I was drinking some coopers pale ale last night and thought that was a bit weak.

ARGH!~ :eek: I'm going to miss out damn it!

jyo why would you leave early? I thought the hand pump wasn't going to start until 4pm? And yeah the Little Creatures beers lean more towards the dry hop floral aromas rather than the malt body. Mind you I was drinking some coopers pale ale last night and thought that was a bit weak.

ARGH!~ :eek: I'm going to miss out damn it!

Had to leave early mate, had the missus and little one with me. No, the handpump doen't start til 4pm, so left looking at the hand chalked sign with a tear in my eye...topaz....
Seriously, the pale ale is not up to scratch... or the bright, let me know what you think.

This beer tastes great and i'm so in the mood dor more. I'm having some of the hal hop beer after two pints of the topaz.

Met up with kegs and he is one cool cat.

This beer tastes great and i'm so in the mood dor more. I'm having some of the hal hop beer after two pints of the topaz.

Met up with kegs and he is one cool cat.

Pete, you're not making me feel any better about this leaving early situation <_< ...enjoy mate.

No no, i went just to try the new stuff and meet new people. I did that in spades which was awesome.

It's pizza and beer night but i'll say the topaz was the best and the hal wasn't as flavoursome because of the acid i guess.

You guys missed out big time. The topaz rogers was the ducks nuts. Video will be uploaded right after the break.

you dropped acid between the 2 beers, wow, I thought my line of fluff was cheeky

i made another video like a fox. Now reviews just some chicks from LC and a beer engine.

So inside I have this part of me that wants to record all things beer. It comes out some times. Normally When NME is around :p

Edit: So here's a quick snippet of what you guys missed. I caught up with O'Henry aka Kegs where we spent most (all) of the time talking about beer. It was the best. The topaz was the best out of the two easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus H. Christ!
What kind of beer engine technique do they teach the scarecrows at LC.

Yep - it was pretty funny watching them trying to get a pint out of the second keg too !

In terms of flavour, I had a half of straight Rogers and a half of the Topaz together and while there was a subtle difference in flavour, after the first few sips there was really nothing in it. The same was the case with the second. I think I can safely speak for the 5 or 6 of us that sat together discussing it that it was barely worth the drive - unfortunatley. ( apologies if I'm putting incorrect words into peoples mouths). There was a difference in carbonation (obviously), and that possibly contributed to the differences as much as the hops.

I think it worked out to be about a gram per litre dry hopping which is lightwieght in anyones langauge. So it was a bit of a shame - interesting though and is something that I hope LCs does on a more regular basis cos it was a nice way to spend an hour or so on a beautiful WA evening.

never mind the beer - she pulls a good pint!

edit - just saw the caption, nice work hahah

I thought it made a noticeable difference but I didn't do a side by side. I'd had the Rogers two days earlier from next door and there was something a lot smoother in the finish of the handpump. Maybe the one I had on the wednesday was a bit out of sorts... Only sampled the topaz which Alex said was 1.2g/l.

That should be ample for dry-hop flavour, especially in Rogers.

That video makes me miss the west coast.

Yep - it was pretty funny watching them trying to get a pint out of the second keg too !

In terms of flavour, I had a half of straight Rogers and a half of the Topaz together and while there was a subtle difference in flavour, after the first few sips there was really nothing in it. The same was the case with the second. I think I can safely speak for the 5 or 6 of us that sat together discussing it that it was barely worth the drive - unfortunatley. ( apologies if I'm putting incorrect words into peoples mouths). There was a difference in carbonation (obviously), and that possibly contributed to the differences as much as the hops.

I think it worked out to be about a gram per litre dry hopping which is lightwieght in anyones langauge. So it was a bit of a shame - interesting though and is something that I hope LCs does on a more regular basis cos it was a nice way to spend an hour or so on a beautiful WA evening.

Really? I noticed a big difference in flavour going from the topaz AA 16.4% to the hallertau maybe AA 5.x%. Then again I was comparing the two instead of the two against the Rogers. The topaz hops had a much less floral tone and had a more apparent flavour that was consistent all the way through the pint. It was a strong hop flavour compared to that of even coopers green. Now the Hallertau was more mellow like a coopers green.

The topaz was much more bitter but the low alcohol content and low carbonation kept it's "sharper" flavours at bay. Where as the Hallertau I think didn't benefit from this. It's low acid hops and low carbonation mixed with a low alcohol warms left you with a low flavoured very mellow beer. Without the higher acid the Hallertau felt more watery.

They both had the same malt undertones but this was minimal so I don't feel the need to talk about it.

I'm kinda surprised others didn't taste what I did but my judging tongue is still in it's infant stages. Where were you guys? I was there from like qtr to 5 to half six.

PS. foles she totally wanted me. It was obvious she was trying to get me drunk considering I already had a pint in my hand!

Latest posts

Back