Drunken purchases

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dodgy twisted mind has just had an horrific thought.
Phoney,yes this is advice too you, tomorrow is Father's Day .....
BRACE your self :)

My first purchase on ebay was a Thurmer piano from 1887. Thought it was a great buy for 57 bucks until i realised the next day that it was 600km away. Anyway i thought a deal is a deal so organised a trailer for the following weekend. Long story short, by the time I add the trailer hire, fuel money and 2 speeding tickets ( same hidden camera in Tamworth got me on the way there and the way back) the bloody piano cost me almost a grand and it looks its age. It has sat downstairs for the last nine years because I refuse to sell it or throw it out because of the associated costs and the memory of how when taking it off the trailer when i got home I had a sore foot for some reason, a few hours later when I went to take my thongs off i realised a nail had gone through my thong and into my foot so my thong was nailed to my foot.
Anyone want to buy a vintage piano for 50 bucks :D

only pizza and kebabs when im drunk

I bought a slab of VB when I was pissed once.

Ill advised.

bradsbrew said:
My first purchase on ebay was a Thurmer piano from 1887. Thought it was a great buy for 57 bucks until i realised the next day that it was 600km away. Anyway i thought a deal is a deal so organised a trailer for the following weekend. Long story short, by the time I add the trailer hire, fuel money and 2 speeding tickets ( same hidden camera in Tamworth got me on the way there and the way back) the bloody piano cost me almost a grand and it looks its age. It has sat downstairs for the last nine years because I refuse to sell it or throw it out because of the associated costs and the memory of how when taking it off the trailer when i got home I had a sore foot for some reason, a few hours later when I went to take my thongs off i realised a nail had gone through my thong and into my foot so my thong was nailed to my foot.
ROFLMAO! Ahh Brad, funniest post I've read in a long while! So I've got to state the obvious... it was a "grand" piano!

Cheers - Snow.

ps - I signed up to Beer masons when I was pissed. Gotta admit I wasn't unhappy when a case of awesome beer arrived on my doorstep a month later...... but the missus made me cancel the membership after finding out how much it cost :unsure:

manticle said:
I must be dull. I buy records and t-shirts when drunk and records and t-shirts when sober. Occasional guitar pedal, adaptor lead, effects units.
Never bought a boat.
Very similar for me. Although I dont buy effects units. Lucky that I am a pretty good procrastinator, which stays with me when I am drunk. otherwise I would own some very good guitar pedals that I wouldnt use. Still have a few though.
Cheers
LB

I was at my Dads place, we were both equally drunk. He was "browsing" ebay for about an hour that night. I got up the next morning and he looked sick, I laughed at him thinking he had a huge hangover. He sure wasn't feeling the best, but it had nothing to do with a hangover.

Turns out he just checked his ebay, and realized in his drunken stupor he bought two motorbikes. Not one, but two.

decoction.jpg

Me. Last Night. This. Not so bad, but I have no particular interest in Czech beers from the 1800's. I may find that I do in the end!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ronald-pattinson/decoction/paperback/product-21398466.html

Mardoo said:
Me. Last Night. This. Not so bad, but I have no particular interest in Czech beers from the 1800's. I may find that I do in the end!
I've got that book, but it's OK, since I DO have an interest in Czech beers from the 1800s.

I have also got a vintage Civil Defense Geiger counter. Less useful.

peas_and_corn said:
His books are quite good, I'm working my way through his Porter book.
now THAT's the one I should have bought! I'm mad for good porter. I love his blog. It's great for recipes and little process tips and tricks - among other things.

And I love that it's from the "mini book series." That's 400 pages of mini!

bradsbrew said:
Was that the frigging thing I skinned a knee on when I staggered past pissed on one of your brew days?

Bribie G said:
Was that the frigging thing I skinned a knee on when I staggered past pissed on one of your brew days?
Quite possible Bribie, it has had many different locations downstairs over the years. Unless of course this is related to an insurance claim in which the answer would be No. :D

goomboogo said:
I just bought a golf club. I don't play golf.
That's gold! Love the fact you just bought the one club :D

Latest posts

Back