Drunken purchases

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoney

Reaction score
There's a good article in the Guardian about online shopping under the influence of alcohol, and all sorts of mysterious, yet now unwanted items that turn up at your doorstep a week or two after a night of perhaps a few too many beverages.

It's here for your reading, gotta love the comment at the bottom of the article....

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/aug/19/-sp-drunk-online-shopping-regrets

Now given that this is an online site about how to make booze, with just about every thread littered with bargain buys for guys who live for a bargain, I'm curious as to what AHB'ers have bought on here after a few pints of double IPA's.....and then come to regret later.

I'll admit my shame and go first. A strap-on for SWMBO :ph34r:
(and no we haven't used it...yet)

I've also bidded on quite a bit of shit on ebay, thinking I wouldnt win and then finding out the next day I did. Then having to contact the seller and sheepishly apologize to somehow back out of my purchase for a boat or whatever the hell it was... That never goes down too well.

Though I'm convinced others have surely done much worse. :D

Anyone for anymore?

The primary issue with buying a strap-on while you're drunk is that your eyes may be bigger than your, er, stomach. You don't want to bite off more than you can chew, so to speak.

A strap on ! LMFAO, thanks for making my day,pure gold.

Not exactly a drunken purchase, but after leaving my eBay open my lovely work/house mate made a $1000 max bid on some leather crotchless underwear.

I don't think they believed me when I tried to explain the situation.

Spiesy said:
Why would he wear it?
Wow.
Yeah... That's a thing disturbingly. You've got Google if you don't believe me...

I went to Kmart at 3am once pissed and bought a toolbox, an inflatable boat and 9 socks. It was a 10 pack with one missing.

Luckily I tend to avoid browsing at anything too expensive when a bit pissed, I tend to just buy sneakers and hats, I do however now own 12 pairs of Nikes that are unbelievably ugly. Why do they even make camouflage Nikes anyway.

I saw a Shazza in Bunnings the other day who was wearing Nike Stilettos. I didnt even know they existed. Think bright blue nike running shoes with high heels. Made for saturday morning trips to the hardware store no doubt. The mind boggles.

I don't know if I was under the influence but I remember the first time I used Ebay.

I wanted to buy a GPS and I bid on just about all of them thinking "I am bound to get one of these cheap"........

I realised what I had done the next day and sweated until all the auctions had finished. I ended up with none. Phew.

I must be dull. I buy records and t-shirts when drunk and records and t-shirts when sober. Occasional guitar pedal, adaptor lead, effects units.
Never bought a boat.

I bought a boat on ebay (not pissed) had it a year and never put it in the water. Then thought, I better sell it.

All my mates that have had boats say the two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
While drunk I've never bought anything I don't need (apart from dodgey kebabs and lap dances), I've certainly bought a lot of things SWMBO thinks I don't need. Late night ebay is the bomb. Nothing better than getting a parcel in the mail when you'd completely forgotten buying it.

Latest posts

Back