Drum Spanner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stux

Hacienda Brewhaus
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy a single drum spanner without having to pay >10$ (including shipping) for something which wholesales for $2?

Cleaning supply places seem to sell them for $5, but want to charge $16.50 for shipping

Pool supply websites sell them for >10$,

But actually at 10.95$ with "free shipping", the price from EPools is probably not so bad...

https://epools.com.au/tap-spanner-for-liqui...drum-p-355.html

Contapack sells them for $2.50 or $2 for 100 :)
http://www.contapack.com.au/index_files/Page752.htm

drum_spanner.jpg

Have a long hard look at the spanners, some do the two different types of tops common in Australia, some do only one (like the one in the picture)
It might be a better buy to spend a bit more on the double sided one than to find you need a second spanner.
MHB

The epools one is the 2 sided one Im talking about, not a bad buy.
M

Have a long hard look at the spanners, some do the two different types of tops common in Australia, some do only one (like the one in the picture)
It might be a better buy to spend a bit more on the double sided one than to find you need a second spanner.
MHB

The epools one is the 2 sided one I’m talking about, not a bad buy.
M

Is this the double sided sort you meant?

http://sontax.com.au/index.php?page=shop.p...rt&Itemid=8

Wasn't sure if that had the bung opener on it either

Edit: I see you edited your reply after I hit my reply :), I can now see how the epools one seems to have two different sets of teeth

In response to your edit about my edit...

I would go for the epool one, the other one is wild looking, but I have a couple of the others and they work very well and the bung key is really handy.

MHB

No- No more edits
m

Speaking as someone with a dodgy rotator cuff, I love my spanner, makes me feel strong again.

I have a single side one and find it fits all available cubes, including the blue willows, red lid jerrys and black lid cubes.

The bung spanner is worth it's weight in gold!

Cheers

Grant

I ordered the one from epools last night :)

(had ordered pool stuff from them before already)

After reading this thread this morning, i had to go to bunnings anyway for a step drill bit to put a tap hole in my keg, and checked out the pool section.

Sure enough, cap spanners, on special for $2.50. Look very similar to the pic at top of this thread, but it's blue, and has a half ring instead of the full ring. Works a treat, fits every cap on my cubes, and the other end has the fitting for the bungs too.

Brilliant!!

After reading this thread this morning, i had to go to bunnings anyway for a step drill bit to put a tap hole in my keg, and checked out the pool section.

Sure enough, cap spanners, on special for $2.50. Look very similar to the pic at top of this thread, but it's blue, and has a half ring instead of the full ring. Works a treat, fits every cap on my cubes, and the other end has the fitting for the bungs too.

Brilliant!!

From what I've read the half ring is so it fits nicely over taps :)

Pretty certain my bunnings doesn't normally stock them, otherwise I wouldn't of posted the question :)

Got one from my LHBS thrown in with some fresh wort kits, he sells them for about $5.

ULTIMATE HOMEBREW SHOP GOSFORD - no affiliate

I recently picked one up from Bunnings. It was in the pool chemicals section and cost me $4.10.

It is the half/crescent moon tyoe with the bung key on the end.

Brewjohno

I recently picked one up from Bunnings. It was in the pool chemicals section and cost me $4.10.

It is the half/crescent moon tyoe with the bung key on the end.

Brewjohno

Can confirm Big Green Shed

Got one today for the princely sum of $4.10 :)

gallery_7556_294_19544.jpg

Back