Drip Tray For A Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveisbludging

Reaction score
Does anybody have suggestions on a cheapish source for a drip tray to mount on the front of a fridge? All of the HBS ones are $100+, seems pretty pricey for a bit of metal.

Dave

Have you considered making one?

You can actually find little stainless steel trays around scrapyards, tip shops etc just need to keep your eyes open. Then either make a perforated tray with a piece of perspex or aluminium plate (also easily found in the above places) by drilling a pattern of holes. Both these materials are very easy to work with and will give you a nice professional finish with little hands on work/skill. Also, don't rule out the possibility of a brass drip tray of sorts, these look great polished up.

I've also seen one that was made using a vent cover which had a nice ornate pattern on it. Looked superb. So consider getting creative and make something unique. Good luck with it.

Just some ideas.

Cheers, Justin

Some espresso machine retailers and repairers sell new and used drip trays for their machines that are cheaper than in the beer industry. They are often stainless steel, as well as plastic. Those for the larger commercial machines would be perfect for homebrewing.

- Snow

I picked up the perforated stainless bit (not the tray underneath) for a few dollars at something a step up from a $2 store. I think it is called home warehouse out at knox city.

Latest posts

Back