Drinking Too Much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjack

Reaction score
Ever since I got set up with a keg I cant help myself from pouring three or four beers a day. This seems to quantify itself based on the quality of beer. My beer belly is slowly growing and my wife has started to nag me. Other than getting rid of the wife is their any other advice out there to maintain my lifestyle without the nag.

what was wrong with the first option again?

Only 3-4, well done, I think you have shown tremendous restraint, ;)

I bought the wife a carton of Hoegaarden for Christmas, (I get the bottles)

Now I'm building an extension on the house - The Brewery :D, this of course gives her more room inthe house for "wife" things

Maybe she would like a new fridge........hmmm.....there's a pattern forming here

Cheers

Crispy

Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Beer.

I need someone to look after the kids while I brewing.

i have a child minder that only cost a one off payment of 300 bucks.

I call her xbox.

I hope it is 3 - 4 pints :). You could take up jogging to compensate? Pretty harsh but perhaps it would even add a couple more (beer drinking) years to your life ... :)

Must admit I am thinking of some sort of exersize B)

Do a lunch time walk of between 3.5 to 5km 5 days a week.

This should keep the beer belly down and allow you to drink.

Alternatively, could go for liposuction.... :D

gym workout is a good way to burn the cals and it also add's muscle and this in turn burns further cals (had a great artical on it but cant find it, it explained how mascle building was better at loosing weight than running etc )

I might be hated for saying this but i am trying to add weight and food does dont do it so i am upping my beer drinking and i am still a tooth pick. so more beer foor me :)

Wow - You are drinking way too much! Cut down to just the one

An oldie but always a goodie.

12365.jpg

Ben,

You are either under 35 or you have large worms living in your gut. Your day will come, you smug *******.
;)

I drink 3 or 4 a day with no sign of a beer gut, still got a nagging Mrs though. I will let you in on my little ANTI BEER GUT secret. I ride a road bicycle about 300km's a week and race on saturday arvo's. May be a bit much for some but a little exercise never hurt.

rubes, thats a great suggestion. all i need now are the friends to come over and help me lift the glass!!

seriously though, i had to take up jogging again (as much as i hate it) to keep the belly down. id love to hit the gym, but the fees to join one are too high and jogging is always going to be free.
joe

Battling the belly myself. It seems to be winning.

You could try joining a local footie team or something like that. Much more fun than jogging and on the plus side you get to drink a few beers after the match. Doh! :(

I went to the doctors yesterday and was told I had to have some test for my liver. when he asked me if I drink much I umm and ahhhh then replied you know 1 or 2 a night. I hope nothing comes from the blood tests. With a bit of luck they my even find some blood in my alcohol. :chug:

Sheet. Bad news there Bigfella. Hope all goes well.

Back