Drinkin' in the Sun - WA Summer Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dent

Under Pressure
Reaction score
I am hosting the WA case swap again this year. The winter one was a great day, so let's keep it going with some good easy drinking summer beers.

All brewers are welcome, please sign up to the list below with your beer style.

The swap day will be at my joint in Bellevue, most likely on the first weekend of December.

1. Dent - Munich Helles

• Dent - Munich Helles
  • Stalking Wilbur - Mango IPA (subject to change. See how the first test goes next week)

Looking forward to it! Hopefully this time I'll be blessed with a taxi driver that won't steal my beers.

I assume this is going to be on a Saturday? If thatnis the case, unfortunately I wont be able to attend due to sporting commitments.

Fair enough. We could be even more appreciative of your sacrifice to sport if you continued to brew for the swap ;)

dent said:
Fair enough. We could be even more appreciative of your sacrifice to sport if you continued to brew for the swap ;)
hehe ill see how i go. Ive got 3 more batches to brew for my birthday. Once thats over, ill see how short i am on beer and if i have time i may be able to treat you with an idea i have just come up with tonight.

All Day Double IPA.

Think flavour country at 4.2%. For a single batch I was thinking 100% Munich to give what little malt there is some balls to support the hops. 300g of hops in total added at 15, 0 and dry. Target OG 1.048, FG 1.016 to leave some sweetness and mouth feel. 60 IBU's.

Thoughts?

• Dent - Munich Helles
  • Stalking Wilbur - Mango IPA (subject to change. See how the first test goes next week)
  • jyo- Belgian Blond

Interesting, we were tossing around ideas for a mini flavour country a while ago - along with a "low % imperial stout" - the challenge to get all the flavour without the booze. I have had success before with a 2.2% full flavoured APA which was mashed at about 70 degrees, and with a large % of crystal in the grist.

Ramp that same technique to 4.5% and with heaps of hops, and it just might be awesome.

• Dent - Munich Helles
  • jyo- Belgian Blond
  • keifer33 - Something to redeem myself a little

I successfully brewed a 3% - MID IPA a few years ago that as well received at WCB so might have to dig out the recipe and try again but aim for 3.5-4% just to give it a little more body.

I considered suggesting that you should put in two brews for redundancy's sake, Keifer, but I decided that would be rude.

1. Dent - Munich Helles
2. Stalking Wilbur - Mango IPA (subject to change. See how the first test goes next week)
3. jyo- Belgian Blond
4. keifer33 - Something to redeem myself a little
5. Velu - not sure of style yet

I've got a mid-strength wheat bottle conditioning now, if it's good I'll brew it again for the swap

dent said:
I considered suggesting that you should put in two brews for redundancy's sake, Keifer, but I decided that would be rude.
I am planning to brew 2 batches and bottle well in advance to test each. I haven't bottled in yanks so might have been a bit blazee.

danestead said:
I assume this is going to be on a Saturday? If thatnis the case, unfortunately I wont be able to attend due to sporting commitments.
Just do what I did last year Dane, head round to Dents place early, squeeze in a few beers, go off and pretend to play cricket in stinking hot heat, then head back to Dents to see who is still standing and enjoy a couple of well earned beers!

Clinton

1. Dent - Munich Helles
2. Stalking Wilbur - Mango IPA (subject to change. See how the first test goes next week)
3. jyo- Belgian Blond
6. Mitch_76 - something pale with maybe a bit of JYO haze for good measure

1. Dent - Munich Helles
3. jyo- Belgian Blond
6. Mitch_76 - something pale with maybe a bit of JYO haze for good measure
7. Rad- Not sure yet will update when decided

Was wondering last week if there was going to be a summer case swap great call dent, its always a great day.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
you having glass bottle bombs this year ?
Nah still plastic.

Not gonna brew us up another Onion Vienna for the swap?

Latest posts

Back