Drink .. And Live Longer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah they've been saying that for years about red wine. I would like to see a study conducted on beer consumption for contrast. But like all good things, you have to have it in moderation, something health professionals have been saying for years.

Living to 104 having never had a drink would be pretty sad anyway. If I were a teetotaller, I think I'd want to shuffle off around 28.

hear hear manticle......

I'd rather go out at 50-60 having lived life to the full than live to 100+ watching everything I eat and being constantly concerned that my day to day decisions will affect my lifespan...

I am quietly hoping to be able to have a few beers per day just like my grandfather did up until about 1 week before he died - he lived until 104 and always said it was the regular daily beers that kept him going.......I'll drink to that ! :drinks:

I am quietly hoping to be able to have a few beers per day just like my grandfather did up until about 1 week before he died - he lived until 104 and always said it was the regular daily beers that kept him going.......I'll drink to that ! :drinks:

+1 both my grandparents lived into their mid 90s and usd to crack a tallie each everyday... Sounds good enough to me.

Maybe the Russians have the right take on this :eek: .

news

Make money and weed the gene pool at the same time. ;)

So I guess the fact that I don't drink during the week, but prefer instead to condense my safe x3 per day threshold into Saturday afternoon / evening is a bit like having my two bob each way.

Viva longevity!!

Maybe the Russians have the right take on this :eek: .

news

Make money and weed the gene pool at the same time. ;)

I dont want to sound alcoholic, but 18 litres of alcoholic beverages a year doesnt sound like much.. or is this about right because its an average figure.

different if it was 18 litres of alcohol per year tho..

So I guess the fact that I don't drink during the week, but prefer instead to condense my safe x3 per day threshold into Saturday afternoon / evening is a bit like having my two bob each way.

Viva longevity!!

Never take health/drinking advice from a man with a pic of Lemmy hahaha!!!

I dont want to sound alcoholic, but 18 litres of alcoholic beverages a year doesnt sound like much.. or is this about right because its an average figure.

different if it was 18 litres of alcohol per year tho..

Mostly vodka though, so assuming 750ml bottles they average about half a bottle a week.

Never take health/drinking advice from a man with a pic of Lemmy hahaha!!!

Au contraire, you know what they say, the only animals that'll survive a nuclear holocost will be Kieth Richards, cockroaches and Lemmy..

Yea, I still love the last media release after he collapsed on stage..."suffering from dehydration, the situation has been remedied, he will now be having ice with his Jack Daniels". Lemmy wipes his arse with Keith Richards and all of Aerosmith put together...the only difference between Lemmy's intake and Ozzy's intake is that Lemmy can still have a coherent conversation. I am pretty sure he has been sent back from the future to kill Sarah Conner. Killed by death indeed.

Latest posts

Back