Drilling A 50l Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sainter1775

Reaction score
Hi all ,I recently purchased a keg king heating element and want to fix it to my existing 50 l keg boiler ... Tierd of using a gas burner. Does anyone have suggestion on a a type of hole saw to drill a 32 mm hole in a 50 L keg. Thanks

32mm bi metal hole saw ...ideally you want low speed / high torque (something you cheapo drill doesn't do well)

KK sell them I thought? otherwise green shed or hardware shop, or ebay if you're prepared to wait

go slow and use some water or oil to keep the blade cool

these sorts of things usually done best TCT hole saws at about 300rpm lube keep wet with WD40 or cutting lubricant. link these hole saws also avaliable at keg king

I was told that often drains for kitchen sinks were 32mm and punches were quite available for those.

When I did mine I used a step drill mounted into a little drill press that I was holding in my hands as the keg was too big to fit under the stand. Even with plenty of cutting fluid it took a very long time. I wouldn't want to do it again.

Thanks lads I was looking at ordering the TCT Holesaw form KegKing but need to confirm with others first.

Thanks for your help.

Prost!

Back