Drill for grain mill - torque requirements?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found bolts that fit the threads in the gearbox casing on my Ozito Spade Handle drill. Bolted it to my mill stand. Works awesome. Just dial up the speed and then start pouring in the grain. The drill itself is designed to stir cement.

file-29.jpg

Only thing I want to change on it is to build a much bigger hopper so I can pour an entire grain bill in and walk away.

click it's a video

do the spade handle from bunnings

3yr warrenty

and it also drills through anything i have thrown at it :)

I like that begat bolt btw? To save me looking if I can :) I had mine held down with a folded over strip of ally screwed to the board the mill was mounted on but I'd rather bolt it in place when doing it this time.

Btw, oh yeah, the ozito spade drill is friggin awesome. The speed dial is a little moody but nothing too problematic. Yer payin 90 bux for it. Chinese made gutsy concrete stirrer. What more do you need ;)

QldKev said:
ןןɐɯs ʎɹǝʌ sı ɔıd ʇɐɥʇ 'ǝʇǝd ʎǝɥ
And your post is upside down Kev. :p

It's a download from my Gallery pics. Never realised it would finish up so tiny.

The links in my siggy don't work ATM but if anyone's interested in that mill pic &\or a pic of the underside?

1 -- R. click Sharkbaitbrewery No1
2 -- Open in a new tab
3 -- Click on pics 262 & 201.

ozito spade handle. end thread.
cheers,
D80

edit: may have appeared rude but seriously awesome for the price and task.

Back