Drawer rails for my mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexbrand

Reaction score
Hi,

after beeing away from the AHB forums for a log period I would like to share my latest gadget.

I own an early Monster Mill (two roller version). Over the the years I often reassebled the housings, played with the drives, tried to build a hopper and I became more and more satisfied over the time with my results.
But all versions of my mill had one thing in common: the mill was always an obstacle in the way. ;-)

So I decided to ban the mill from lying around and mounted it between a pair of heavy duty drawer rails.
Now the mill is ready for use with three simple steps:

- pull the drawer
- mount the hopper
- connect the plug (to be wired permanently in the future)

Cherers,

Alex

MM1.JPG

MM2.JPG

MM3.JPG

MM4.JPG

That is excellent

Does the hopper fit into the discharge bucket for storage?

Cheers

I'm not sure I can fit something like this into my current arrangement, but I'd be stoked if you were willing to share sources/models of the equipment you have used. Looks bloody great!

was thinking of doing this, but couldn't cause the hopper is permanently attached to my grain mill :( .. Nice build mate

I scored the rails at eBay here in Germany. They should be found as "extra duty drawer slides" or similar all over the globe. The blue bucket is a "Trofast" storage box from IKEA. The rest is some strong laminated plywood. Use thick wood to prevent torsion of the rails: the mill might fall off.

The next step will be a similar construction for my digital grain scale.

That is a great idea. I really like the shape of the hopper.

Cheers

Back