Quantcast

Downtime

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
As many of you probably noticed the site was down for most of the weekend - and if it was up it was an older version. Unfortunately that was a problem with the host (RAID issues) that caused the downtime.

Anyway things have been sorted and it looks like everything is backup and running. The backup I am running is 48hrs old so any new registrations/posts/etc since then will be missing. Considering the nature of the problem and how long we were down for, I think I was pretty lucky to have a backup that recent.

Anyway everything should be sorted now, please let me know if you have any problems, and this is a good lesson in remembering to keep a recent backup of your work/data :D

kook

Reaction score
Ohwell, at least its back up now :)

What RAID subsystem is the host running? Did they have multiple drive failures?

You're lucky you had a 48hr old backup, its suprising how many individuals (and businesses!) dont have scheduled backups, or have them so irregularly they may aswell not have any.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Can anyone remember what the most recent topics were so we can get right back to where we left off?

Doc

dane

Reaction score
they had multiple drive failures - once the original raid was rebuilt they had a secondary - different disks and all - just unlucky I guess (I hope)

Anyway, I don't think we lost many (any topics) the 48hour backup was taken the same day that the server went down so maybe a couple of posts.

I don;t have a lists of what the current ones were but yeah I don't think there is too many that were lost.

Let me know if you find any other glitches on the site - everything should be normal - but just in case.

Let get back into it :)

PS. trust it to happen on a weekend when the most people are going to want to use the site.

dane

Reaction score
Guys,

As you probably noticed there were a couple more hours tonight of downtime. Again it was a problem with the hosting people - this time out of their hands with one of their backbone providers having a router failure.

I am currently looking at some alternatives.

Up until now everything has been fine, so it may be just a 'bad week'.

Anyway lets hope things are a little more stable from now on.

Latest posts