Downed Plane - Holy Shit!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
This plane went down yesterday not too far away from where I used to live, and less than 2 blocks from where a good friend still lives.

I know that crashes are rare but I'm glad I don't live in the flight path of an airport now.

Update: The friend that lives closeby sent me this email:

Tara and I were on the way home from the club (she was in the van and I was in the car) going up warman all of a sudden as we pass lawson I can hear sirens but I think they are on the radio. Two cop cars fly by us and I mean fly. Get to the intersection I can see firetrucks and ambulances and four other cop cars arriving. I can see something up against the wall (I thought it was a grain bin) but I keep moving cause I can see more cop cars coming up behind us. So if we had been a few minutes sooner we would have been in the thick of it. The plane crashed at 6:31 and we went through at 6:40.

Waaay too close for comfort.

Jesus. That reminds me of an incident back in the late 1970's when a small plane wasn't going to make it into Bankstown airport, so had to do an emergency landing on a busy, built up road in the middle of the day.

It was Hector St, Sefton, for those that know the area.

Back