Downed my first Saison today, hooked!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edd

Reaction score
Tried my first Saison today, a Bridge Road Brewers ‘Chevalier Saison’. I’ve been doing a fair bit of reading about them and was pretty certain I would enjoy. Man, it’s a crackerjack! Such a herby, fruity funk. I am not disappointed at all. This has now been confirmed as my next batch to go down, can’t wait. Just got a fermenter full of American Pale at the moment that smells fruitier than a Carry On Brewing script so will have to wait a week or so.
Any recommendations for other brands to try in the meantime? This was the only one available at the local bottle-o so the choice was fairly easy to make. A top tipple non the less.

Edd

Nice one, I’ll keep my eye out for it. Think it may take a bit of searching but I’m sure it will be well worth it. Cheers!

Try the International Beer Collector, he brings in quite a few, well worth joining the Beer Club.
Saison is an interesting family, with a huge range from very low alcohol to stuff you could run a car on. I generally prefer the Farmhouse end, just great tasting sessionable beer. The DuPont end of the family can be a bit much except as an after dinner finisher.
Chevalier Saison, is a cracker, a bit toward the higher end of the range but well made, balanced and very satisfying.
When/if you get the chance to compare it to something like the De Molen White Witch IBC's imported you will think you have died and gone to heaven.
Mark

Just had a peek at the IBC site, looks fantastic. There is a stockist not so far from me so looks like I shall pay them a visit. [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back