Double Brewday And The Flu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Am I stupid or what, My household (wife and 3 kids) Have been down with the flu for over a week. But I am tuff , aren't I :( ? and haven't had a sniff until wednesday night at a soccer meeting, 6c outside and full on rain.
Of course on wednesday I made up 2 starters for the big brewday saturday :blink: .

Oh well I can get a late start after a good sleep in , Maccers rings my daughter friday, can you do a shift on saturday? sure she says, start at 5.30am, ok she says. Who has to drive her to work :blink: , thats right, me.

No worries I am TUFF aren't I. At this point I am feeling like CR@P. But a brewer never faulters. So here I am at 5.00pm, the brewday is complete I am 1/2 tanked and still feel like crap, BUT, I can whine to you guys and know that at least one person will feel a little sympathy for me :lol: , and that makes me feel better.

Thanks for letting me rant.
cheers
Andrew
PS I forgot to mention I had to fit in watching my son play soccer today as well, but it was worth it.

AndrewQLD said:
No worries I am TUFF aren't I. At this point I am feeling like CR@P. But a brewer never faulters. So here I am at 5.00pm, the brewday is complete I am 1/2 tanked and still feel like crap, BUT, I can whine to you guys and know that at least one person will feel a little sympathy for me :lol: , and that makes me feel better.

Thanks for letting me rant.
cheers
Andrew
PS I forgot to mention I had to fit in watching my son play soccer today as well, but it was worth it.
[post="71709"][/post]​

I know just how you feel, been there, done that and I sympathise with you. Can you just imagine on top of all that that you plan to brew a week ago and everyday something unexpected happens. I won't bore you with the details but this is day 6 that I had to defer the brewing. You see, I am the only driver in the house and so far, I had no choice but to defer as visits to doctors, Nursing Homes and shopping must come first, not to mention birthdays, and entertaining visitors. Now my daughter who lives about 20km away wants me to house sit her cat and feed the fishes everyday for the next three days whilst they are away camping. It never ends, and I am supposed to be retired. Retired from what???

There, I had my rant as well and since I can't even have a drink at the moment as I have to drive, I feel twice as miserable..,but hey, tomorrow is another day and it must be better than today...

:beer:
PeterS...

Tuff yes.
But more so, I'd say comittment. It proves that we can multi-task, co-ordinate and plan so that against the odds we can still have beer on tap.
My brew day was similar yesterday (but without the flu), but it was all good. Up at 6am for dough in. Mash and sparge completed by 9am. Swimming lessons with my son at 9:30.
Visitors at 11am as the boil started.
Visitors gone as the boil finishes and into the fermenters (40 litre brew) and cleaned up by 2pm.
Kids organised and out to friends for the afternoon and early evening.
Home and dinner cooked in time for the rugby. NZ win !!! :super:

Beers,
Doc

Doc your day could not have been better :D , good on you and glad your team won. :p

Cheers
Andrew

Peter Shane said:
I know just how you feel, been there, done that and I sympathise with you. Can you just imagine on top of all that that you plan to brew a week ago and everyday something unexpected happens. I won't bore you with the details but this is day 6 that I had to defer the brewing. You see, I am the only driver in the house and so far, I had no choice but to defer as visits to doctors, Nursing Homes and shopping must come first, not to mention birthdays, and entertaining visitors. Now my daughter who lives about 20km away wants me to house sit her cat and feed the fishes everyday for the next three days whilst they are away camping. It never ends, and I am supposed to be retired. Retired from what???

There, I had my rant as well and since I can't even have a drink at the moment as I have to drive, I feel twice as miserable..,but hey, tomorrow is another day and it must be better than today...

:beer:
PeterS...
[post="71713"][/post]​

Too bad Peter, you have my sympathies too. That's why, if I get an opportunity to brew, NOTHING. I mean NOTHING stops me. Retirement certainly is a misnomer :blink:

Cheers
Andrew

I'm in the same boat today. Was all booked in for a brew, and the family was even going out for the arvo.

I'm feeling crap with the flu (all week), the family are sick as well, and it looks like I'll be brewing on a week night now. :(

On the upside, I'll be able to crush the grain today, and be all nice and organised for tomorrow night :) It's a bit like christmas ... the anticipation is almost as enjoyable as the brewing :)

Back