Don't You Just Hate It When .....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I spent last night cleaning and sterlising three kegs, then filling them.
Tonight I get home, grab a glass and go to the taps. The glass is almost fill then pffftttttt another empty keg.
Looks like I'm cleaning, sterlising and kegging again tonight :p

Doc

The pitfalls of so many kegs Doc :lol: , I'm sure you have something else on tap to tide you over ;) , but you're right, It's good to get these tasks out of the way in one hit, and it's a real PITA only to find you have to do it again so soon :angry: .

Cheers
Andrew

deadly said:
At least its not bottles :)
[post="72178"][/post]​

If it was bottles there was no way I would have done three batches last night. And I wouldn't still be in the hobby/sport :lol: :beerbang:

Doc

Can you attatch anything to a keg to figure out how much they have left in them? It's a pain not knowing when it's coming close to empty, knocking down the sides dosn't help when it all sounds the same... :(

Only thing I can think of is putting them on a scale, but that's going to far.. would be good if there was some kind of a gauge you could connect to see how much they had left.

There is indeed a way.
Kegbot
It is one of my next projects.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
I spent last night cleaning and sterlising three kegs, then filling them.
Tonight I get home, grab a glass and go to the taps. The glass is almost fill then pffftttttt another empty keg.
Looks like I'm cleaning, sterlising and kegging again tonight :p

Doc
[post="72175"][/post]​

I spent the weekend cleaning ten kegs (only two full and they are being served "krausening")
Ah winter is a great time for brewing

Back