Doma Bohemian Beer Cafe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it to Doma Bohemian Beer Cafe last night and I can highly recommend this place for a casual and surprisingly cheap night out (all beers under $5).

Entree - Chef's crispy platter
Mixed platter of crumbed florettes of cauliflower, crisp button mushrooms and lightly crumbed pieces of brie cheese served with salad with sweet chilli dressing, home-made tartar sauce and cranberry sauce

Pilsner Urquell - top notch Pilsner, original and still the best

Main - Mixed Platter
Mixed platter of roast pork belly, roast pork neck, pork schnitzel, smoked pork neck and frankfurter sausage, served with tangy sauerkraut, bread dumplings and potato dumplings

Kruovice - a nice clean larger but nothing special. It tasted a little too commercial for my liking. Or maybe all those crumbed goodies destroyed my taste buds.

Budějovick Budvar - Better that the Kruovice IMHO. Clean, fresh larger. Great hop aroma and flavour.

Zlatopramen - advertised as pale lager but it tasted more like an ale to me. This beer was really well balanced, mild malty flavour, mild hop aroma, mild bitterness, beautiful.

Velkopopovick Kozel - I have a black lager in the fermentor at the moment, and if it turns out 1/3 as good as this I'll be very happy. This was my favourite beer of the night. Creamy head, dominant coffee and chocolate flavours.

and there's plenty more to try next time. Thumbs up.

(standard not affiliated with message here)

:party:

Thanks for the review Wax. Were these beers all on tap or were they bottled beers?

Thanks,

Shawn.

All bottles. Only the Kruovice was on tap.

Krusovice on tap? :wub:

Warren emits embarassing drool on keyboard. :blink:

Warren -

Poped into Doma Bohemian Cafe this arvo for a couple of quiets. Pretty relaxed place. Bit of a bitch they have a restaurant license so you have to order food in order to drink as others have commented. We ordered the cheese platter.
Had the Kruovice off tap and the Kruovice Dark in the bottle. Unfortunately near the end of the bottle of the Kruovice Dark I noticed it was over a month out of date. Mentioned it to the waiter and got the next drink on the house.
They also mentioned that they will have a new beer menu in about 2-3 weeks. The exisiting menu has about 4-5 beers they have run out of and weren't big sellers, so they are providing a new line up. In all they had Czech, Hungarian and Slovakian beers available.

Last night we had dinner at Prague. That was a really enjoyable dinner and some great beers to. The Gambrinus 10 and 12, and well as some others that I now don't recall. Great pork knuckle and hot raspberries on vanilla ice cream. mmmmmm

Beers,
Doc (who is living it up this weekend with Mrs Doc - sans kids).

PS: If you are also looking for top hotel to stay at in Sydney I can highly recommed the Observatory Hotel.

I'm heading off to Doma for lunch tomorrow...
should be good, i think the platter for 2 looks like a good bet already.
The fiance and i feasted on home cooked schnitz most nights when in prague.
And hopefully the PU is nice and fresh (well...as can be). Also keen to try the zlatopramen.

:beerbang: KoNG :beerbang:

OK.. here's a bit of a photo diary of saturday @ Doma... twas a great way to spend an arvo!

view from the table
26052007569rs.JPG

Krusovice on tap (the background was accidental... i promise :D )
26052007558rs.JPG

This is the Vege platter.!?!?
26052007560rs.JPG

The somewhat 'honey' profiled... Kozel
26052007561rs.JPG

Probably my favourite of the day... Staropramen (wasnt on the menu, noticed it in the fridge when walking back from the loo)
26052007567rs.JPG

Also consumed on the day was: Zlatopramen, Pilsner Urquel & Budvar

:chug: KoNG

Nice. There's a new one around the corner from my work - Bazaar Beer cafe - Albany St, St Leonards. Not bad food, popped in there last Friday for a liquid lunch. Seems to have Drink or Dine license so you can go and drink without ordering food. They had Krusovice on tap, but for some reason it was actually Bitburger, go figure. The usual suspects in bottles - Staro, Bud, Urquell, Kozel Dark.

Ahh, you are bringing back some fine memories... Did you get up to the top of the mountain? Sorry, cant remember the name, but you are looking back towards the city, the castle is on your left, the river between you and the city. Its up there you can get a pint of Pilsner Urquell for 15c Australian. Fortunately its all downhill from there... Dont those Kozel's go down well. When I got back I picked up a carton from Dan Murphy's for about $50. Good value concidering the 500mL bottles.
Enjoy (you *******) ;)

Umm, I don't think he's as far away as you think. ;)

Ahh, you are bringing back some fine memories... Did you get up to the top of the mountain? Sorry, cant remember the name, but you are looking back towards the city, the castle is on your left, the river between you and the city. Its up there you can get a pint of Pilsner Urquell for 15c Australian. Fortunately its all downhill from there... Dont those Kozel's go down well. When I got back I picked up a carton from Dan Murphy's for about $50. Good value concidering the 500mL bottles.
Enjoy (you *******) ;)

hmmm, think you may be a little confused.!?!?!
i guess Potts Point does look over the city and there may even be a nightclub in the Cross called "the Castle" and yeh Sydney Harbour is an estuary flowing from the Parramatta river.
But, i definately didnt pay 15c for a pint of PU...

One thing i forgot to point out previously, although SWMBO enjoyed the arvo thoroughly. I wouldnt use this venue for an outdoor romantic getaway. The outdoor courtyard sits adjacent a very well traversed laneway... i think it leads the junkies to heaven. It's quite entertaining if you can handle that kind of stuff.

Enjoy (you *******) ;)

i think it leads the junkies to heaven.

:lol: Or 15 cent pints of PU. :blink:

Warren -

Back