Does It Exist?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough.

Oh well, as Liam pointed out, whether I want to heat or cool will probably depend on the season anyway. For now a heat mat will do me, then in summer I can try setting up some kind of evaporative setup with a fan or ... something

With the sanitising the temperature probe I wouldnt really bother. I normally just have the ambient temperature to the temperature that I need.

That way no need to be sanitising and when it stays at that temperature the wort will hang around it as well.

I purchased an STC-1000 and used 2 extension cords to make my controller. Really easy to do if your willing to have a look at it and not think of it as a difficult task.

With the sanitising the temperature probe I wouldnt really bother. I normally just have the ambient temperature to the temperature that I need.

Yeah, taping it to the side of the fermenter should do a good enough job, no?

If you tape a thick wad of bubble wrap to the side of the fermenter, then slide the probe between the pad and the side then it will be measuring the beer temperature almost exactly, rather than the ambient in the fridge. The beer temp and the ambient temp will only differ by a couple of degrees during the first two or three days because fermentation is exothermic. After that it will settle down and you should achieve a very stable temp using the controller.

Yeah, taping it to the side of the fermenter should do a good enough job, no?
I used to tape it to the side, but have found that an occy-strap is a neater, cleaner and better solution (that also does not come unstuck):
probe.jpg

Grow a pair and wire up an STC-1000; if I can do it, anyone can! With the screw down connectors from Jaycar, you won't even need to solder anything.

Latest posts

Back