Does a weldless SS PRV exist?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
Does a weldless pressure release valve exist in Australia?

Im starting my DIY kegmenter build but the spare keg lid I am going to use doesnt have a PRV so it would be nice to add one in. Ive seen them on American sights but it would be cheaper to get a new lid with a PRV ($25 or $15 from China) but Id rather not bother with that or have to spend any more than I have. Nothing on AliBay and the Aussie sites I looked on.

Just thinking ( :blink: ) things through at this point but I'm not sure if I need one or not. It could be unnecessary. It could be useful If I want to use it as a keg again.

Presumably you'll have some sort of spunding valve on your kegmenter. Theoretically you don't also need a PRV, although it's best to have one for safety.

Adjustable??!!The only one I can think of comes from Morebeer, Craft brewer have them as part of the CPBF again from Morebeer. Commercially I couldn't say for sure.

Mardoo said:
Presumably you'll have some sort of spunding valve on your kegmenter. Theoretically you don't also need a PRV, although it's best to have one for safety.
Ive got a standard KK spunding valve . I'll have to do the build and get a new lid down the track.

Does a weldless pressure release valve exist in Australia?

Im starting my DIY kegmenter build but the spare keg lid I am going to use doesnt have a PRV so it would be nice to add one in. Ive seen them on American sights but it would be cheaper to get a new lid with a PRV ($25 or $15 from China) but Id rather not bother with that or have to spend any more than I have. Nothing on AliBay and the Aussie sites I looked on.

Just thinking ( :blink: ) things through at this point but I'm not sure if I need one or not. It could be unnecessary. It could be useful If I want to use it as a keg again.
you can get 1.5" Tri-Clamp mounted PRV.

the "Red PRV" from Fermentasurus has the same housing / threads as the standard corny PRV but a weaker spring, and meant to release @ 35PSI.

I was wanting to use it in an old Corny lid that didnt have a PRV but I ended up just buying a new lid.

the "Red PRV" from Fermentasurus has the same housing / threads as the standard corny PRV but a weaker spring, and meant to release @ 35PSI.

thats pretty close to being perfect for a pressure ferment without the need for a spunding valve.
Use a blow off tube first few days then cap it till finish.

Back