Dodgy email supposedly from CraftBrewer - beware

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one too, though as I just ordered a bit of brewery kit from Hong Kong, thought it was from them. Never the less the links looked dodgy and I deleted it. Dodgy bastids.

manticle said:
It's just phishing.
Yep, some of them seem very legit/official. I get a chuckle out of them but feel bad for the many unwitting users who click along with them :(

I am always amazed at the numbers of presumably intelligent white collar workers (lawyers etc) who get sucked in to the Nigerian scams and then have the balls to whinge to anyone who'll listen how they were duped!. Greed I guess, and the well-honed ability to suspend rational thought!

Ducatiboy stu said:
I am still waiting for the Nigerian $1 million...bastards are taking there time
Not all it's cracked up to be...after taxes, I barely ended up with enough for a 6-pack.

I got one to, my email address is only 3 weeks old as i changed provider.
In that time the only shopping Ive done is ebay via pay pal. Have not shopped at Craft Brewer in that time.

Yep got same email in my bigplop account

Kev R said:
I got one to, my email address is only 3 weeks old as i changed provider.
In that time the only shopping Ive done is ebay via pay pal. Have not shopped at Craft Brewer in that time.
This is a bit of a worry.. email address is only 3 weeks old.. Did you change your email address in aussiehomebrewer.com? I'm just wondering if the site has been hacked & someone has managed to get all the registered email addresses therein.

pnorkle said:
This is a bit of a worry.. email address is only 3 weeks old.. Did you change your email address in aussiehomebrewer.com? I'm just wondering if the site has been hacked & someone has managed to get all the registered email addresses therein.
Yep, it seems like too much of a coincidence that we have all been getting the same quite specific spam.

I got scammed a few days after ordering some camlocks via eBay/PayPal. It was for 2 uber fares in Hong Kong (which ANZ refunded.) Probably some chow going for a rub & tug

yep i got the craf brewer on

weird ebay link when hover over ebay.to

I don't think it's AHB related. I've had an AHB account for about 3 years and so far no spam that could be traced back to AHB has been delivered to my domain. Given that this is fairly well targeted, it can all be probably traced back to a source related to brewing. Most likely another forum or an online retailer. Perhaps even a particular software package that you may have registered.

pnorkle said:
Yes did change my email at AHB

Reported for admin to check.
There has been a massive spate of spambots recently.

I got a similar one this morning (received the Craft Brew one too on the weekend) to my email that isn't linked to AHB, but using my AHB username, kevo... this one apparently from Australia Post.

Back