Do you smoke cigarettes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• Occasionally or socially?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when I drink?

• Yes but less than a packet a week

• 2-3 packets a week?

• At least a packet a day?

• I'm a chain smoker and smoke more than a packet a day?

• Non smoker

• Total voters
Used to smoke a pack of thirties a day three years ago, had to make a decision... Smokes or AG beer brewing ?
AG beer won hands down with a bit of spending money left on the side..
The smell of a ciggie still gets the blood pumping though, willpower prevails.

JDW81 said:
Non-smoker. Bloody glad I didn't take it up either. All my mates smoked at uni smoked, and I'd only have a puff if they offered me a winnie green.
ohh, really, you havent lived till youve smoked a winnie red..

F smokers cost the country millions in health care , I should know as it caused my heart attack and killed my dad.
Well and truly reformed. Disgusting vial anti social arse rapist habit.
I am not sitting on the fence on this one.
You smoke you die.
Nev

bruce86 said:
non smoker now for a bit over 3 years but pro smokers rights.
yep, luv seeing mum/dad in car smokin a cigga with kids in back, cold outside so all windows are up.. yeeha - pro ciggas..

not pro smoking around kids you can be a responsible smoker and think about other people as well.

Hope you dont hate me now Nev? but do you hate ciggis or your dads choice to smoke them. If so get the gov to ban them and ill swap sides but as it stands today it is your right to choose to smoke as it is to drink!

I used Nicorette gum to wean me off the stinking, tongue rotting, throat decaying, lung *******, wrinkle enhancing, artery hardening, gangrene forming, cancer sticks.

A mate of mine gave up about ten years ago, he also used Nicorette gum and to this day he still does. He's actually still addicted to the gum and he can remain so indefinitely, because nicotene isn't the problem, as far as health issues are concerned.

The tobacco companies (allegedly) add extra nicotene to keep smokers addicted to their money making product of death.

Edit. No affiliation with Nicorette.

Gave up smoking over 7 years ago with the help of a travelling Hypnotist....

12 months later got myself qualified to do the same...since then I have stopped over 180 people from smoking....thats a pretty good feeling.

Still love to sit with a fella I know who smokes White Ox...smells freaking awesome, but no desire to have one. Doctors reckon quittting was the only reason I survived a heart attack 2 1/2 years ago.

About time the government got serious and banned the filthy death sticks.

Travelling between Brissy and Hervey Bay most weekends at the moment helping my mum nurse my chain smoking dad who is dying of lung cancer. Never smoked and now I am very glad I didn't. Little pain you just drown over a period of months...............or years.

Gryphon Brewing said:
F smokers cost the country millions in health care , I should know as it caused my heart attack and killed my dad.
Well and truly reformed. Disgusting vial anti social arse rapist habit.
I am not sitting on the fence on this one.
You smoke you die.
Nev
So, you are over the cravings then?

Gave up over 12 years ago after being a committed smoker from the age of 13 and smoking for over 16 years. I used to smoke 20 a day, more if I was out drinking. Don't miss it a bit.

Can't believe anyone still smokes given the cost of them now, let alone the health risks.

My Dad was a smoker most of his life, the smell made me sick so i've never even wanted to try
And to drive me even further away from it, my Dad passed away of lung cancer about a week before my wedding last year
When I have kids, I'll be trying to educate them as best I can about the consequences if they do choose to smoke when they're old enough
(Sorry, don't mean to be a joy kill, but it's kind of hard to not be these days)

Had a heart attack 2001,,,,,started smoking again,,back in hospital 12 months later.

Gave up cold turkey then and there.

I still wake up some nights.........dreaming,,,,,,dreading the thought that I might have weakened...........

Filthy , fuckin' things

I was at a party where most of the people there were 20-30 (I'm 40) a while back and I suddenly realised that no one was smoking.

It's on its way out.

It's a horrible addiction. We have a family member who used to be addicted to Heroin - her partner OD'd many years ago but in their heyday they did armed robberies and broke into pharmacies to get money for the addiction. She still smokes: "Gave up heroin no problems but can't give these up". As an ex smokes rep I have had an insight into the ruthless companies that purvey this stuff, and the self delusions of the people in the industry. In the late 80s the State Boss of Rothmans died of throat cancer - heavy smoker - "Oh he was in the Korean War, must have been exposed to toxic chemicals, poor bugger".

Gryphon Brewing said:
ooh yeah, death in your view doesn't allow cravings.
I feel sorry for those addicted.
Nev
Sorry mate, you may have got me wrong....

I was speaking to a mate who is 15 years without one and he said he still gets the odd craving.

You were obviously addicted, assuming from prior comments RE: Heart etc... , But all I was asking is;

Do you still get a craving sometimes? be it mental or physical?

I started smoking in primary school and kept going the whole way through highschool and stopped for a couple of years at about aged 26. Then started again for a few years. I have 'quit' now for about 3 years but still crave them every time I smell them. If I am drinking and a mate is smoking, (and the missus won't find out!) I have to be a very strong man to not ask for one.

It's a deadly, filthy habit, but I completely understand how hard it is to quit.

I smoke a 30g pouch of winnie gold every 1-2 weeks, only about 5 a day or so. I have been smoking since I was 17 and am 22. For the first time I have recently been giving the thought of quitting serious consideration. I think I'm going to get it done pretty soon. I'll be doing better than my old man. smoked from 18-60 (42 years) a pack a day but has given them up for the past 5 years and doesn't look like ever going back. Hopefully I'll join him soon

Latest posts

Back