Do you smoke cigarettes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• Occasionally or socially?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when I drink?

• Yes but less than a packet a week

• 2-3 packets a week?

• At least a packet a day?

• I'm a chain smoker and smoke more than a packet a day?

• Non smoker

• Total voters

Truman42

Reaction score
Seems more and more people are quitting so curious to know how many of us HBers are smokers.

yeah pretty much a non smoker unless i get rat shit around mates who smoke which is not very often

I gave up smoking when they were going to put cigarettes up from three shillings and ninepence to four shillings. Four bob for a pack of smokes? Gotta be dreaming.

I was a Rothmans rep from 1989 to 1993 - they were employment neutral on smokers to make themselves look good - and I used to get a sleeve (Edit: 10 packs of 25s) of Winnie Reds a week for my own use. In those days a sleeve was worth 20 bucks which I would imagine is what a pack is worth today.

Scene: Bribie G pulls up at the Kingaroy Hotel Motel where he is staying, drives through the liquor lane... guys recognise the car, packet of Winnies handed out of the window and a bottle of Smirnoff handed in.

Sweet

yeah ok so far I'm the only pack a day smoker, people it's on the list, after a few pressing family matters, family law in 2 different courts with different kids, and Missus getting through a spell of depression, enough on the plate for now anyway.

New years eve 2006 / 2007 was when I quit. I could probably count on my fingers and toes the amount I've had since then. :lol:

Was a social beer drinking smoker, but have been close to 6 months now.

oh yeah and when I do, I think the money I save will buy some nice german bling. Gotta have an incentive.

Still smoking Thinking quitting though

There's no option for "No, never" ... ?

My great-grandmother and grandmother both got cancer from smoking. My great-grandmother had her jaw amputated. Like you see in a zombie movie. If you saw that shit in person you'd probably never smoke again. Nightmare material.

One of the most stupid things I ever did was start smoking, one of the best was stop. That was about 15 years ago.

Never again will that shit be part of my life.

I gave it away 4 years ago..
Used to smoke three packs of 25s..BUT....
Got it down to two packs of 50s.
Cheers
PJ

This thread was started by a smoker, there's no where to vote..I don't smoke.

I started when I was 25. Looked up the stats once to see how many smokers were quite a stupid as me. Less than 1% of smokers start after they're 18.

Was always an at-the-pub smoker though.

Thing is, I found quitting pretty damn easy. Every time I did it. :D

I still have the occasional ciggie, usually when a bit pissed - but haven't been addicted since 2005.

Non-smoker. Bloody glad I didn't take it up either. All my mates smoked at uni smoked, and I'd only have a puff if they offered me a winnie green.

Was a social smoker until Saturday 20 March 2010. Don't really miss it to be honest.

Back