Do you lift Bro ? Looking for weightlifting partner - Bayside Melbourn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainer

The pursuit of Utopia
Reaction score
Getting back into weightlifting and looking for a weightlifting partner to keep motivated.. Cheltenham, Bayside Melbourne.

I have a full weights setup and going to concentrate on olympic lifting. Lifting and drinking..drinking and lifting.. Prefer someone that can talk brewing and must be able to commit to it at least 3 times per week - prefer after work hours...

Contact if interested..

I do heaps of bicep curls out in the shed but no significant fitness gains so far...

let me guess.. lifting glasses of beer?

Correct ..maybe I should buy myself a couple of Steins,

I'm in brisbane otherwise i would be keen. How do you jiggle the two somewhat incompatible hobbies? I'm considering having a big cut down on beer in order to lose some fat.

It is hard.. I wanna try run 4 time a week to assist.. just means less drinking during the week and more concentration on lifting..I am not fat but have a little beer tyre like a box tyre lol.. need to start now to get it back to a flat tyre !

Did wieght lifting at high school , the correct way to do it has served me well in the construction industry since 1979 .

I did one specific exercise back in high school too. Jerk and clean, I think it was called.

Very high reps.

...and sets.

Danwood said:
I did one specific exercise back in high school too. Jerk and clean, I think it was called.

Very high reps.

...and sets.
Hope you did warm-ups first. Likely to pull a muscle...

Coodgee said:
I'm in brisbane otherwise i would be keen. How do you jiggle the two somewhat incompatible hobbies? I'm considering having a big cut down on beer in order to lose some fat.
Its possible. This bloke follows me on instagram. Loves his beer and lifting.

https://www.instagram.com/beer.body/

Pale malt and Whey !
Sshhh, he's big enough to pull my head off .

spog said:
Pale malt and Whey !
Sshhh, he's big enough to pull my head off .
Seems relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVFavnzXK9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=132

Back