Do You A.G Or Extract Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you all grain or extract brew

• I am an extract or K&K Brewer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an All Grain Brewer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
After seeing the responces to the "what is a real brewer thread", I thought it would be interesting to compare the poll with what type of brewing do you do.
oh by the way I am an A.G brewer

Andrew

AG, have malted grain, grow my hops, plate yeast, collect rainwater for brews.

Happily obsessed All grain.

Ranch yeast, collect water and apart from malting grain all that POL said :)

Steve

Time and tool challenged (not to mention brury deficient ;) ) insipient All Grainer who still occassionally fills fermenters with kits and bits brus.

Also a Scottish, Lithuanian, Irish, Lavtvian, German, Australian!!!

Labels - who needs them?

You didn't include Partial Masher, so I can't vote! :(

- Snow

Also need a button for all three.....

Kits,
Extract/partial
All Grain

I am happy do all of them....

Sorry Snow, If I new how to add another catagorie I would, you could always look at your brews, and if they have over 50% mashed grains then maybe pick A.G or conversely if they are more extract then go extract.
Personally (and I will probably regret saying this) if you are mashing grains and then topping up with extract, you are really and All grain brewer.

I'm an AG brewer.

Having got to this stage by way of K&K, Extract and Partial mashing I now consider myself a home brewer, not a maltster, or hop farmer or yeast doctor, just a home brewer.

Brewing K&K was a stepping stone to where I am now and having done the old dump and stir in 20 minutes compared to crush, mash, sparge, and boil in 5 hours I realise that I was once fermenting someone else's idea of what a beer should be.

I'll happily help out and encourage K&K'ers as it was how I was led down the path to AG brewing.

C&B
TDA

Im a kits a bits brewer. Ive only been brewing (If Im allowed to use that word) for about 6 months and Id like to get into AG in the future. Im sure I will one day.

morry said:
Im a kits a bits brewer. Ive only been brewing (If Im allowed to use that word) for about 6 months and Id like to get into AG in the future. Im sure I will one day.
Some would say a Kits & Bits BeerMaker aka Fermentation Assistant.... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Iam just an extract brewer with 1 partial under my belt.... but hoping to get in to ag brewing in 2005 as i was hoping to do my fist ag brew this year but as work has kept me busy 7days a week i havent had time to get to any brew days or brews done or get any gear to gether as such....

anyway cheers and beers all

ozdevil

I'm still an extract brewer (kits and bits), though I've done two all grain brews, one at uni and one with the assistance of other dedicated brewers. I'm going to try to get my ass into gear and move onto partials sometime in the next month. Really.

I reckon Ill have a go at partials when Ive finished exams at uni. Should be a bit more interesting than using kits.

im a kits an bits brewer, no time for anything else atm and im happy with what i make ....it does me jsut fine

AG, currently working on getting my full size system. Still brew the odd k+k to keep the flatmates outta my prized good stuff, though.

all grain
good to see an easy post without turning it into a flame war like gmk,s stupid post.

cheers
big d

all grainer that can't wait to get more space to so i can make more and take up new found space with more gear and beer :)

It's been a steep learning curve this year.

From k&k to extract to partial mash

Why didn't I do this sooner ?

Back