Do Not Lend Your Brewing/Cooking Thermometer To The Vet!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunous

I Drink VB
Reaction score
Sooooooo, I have a race horse, Moment Of Madness, only ever raced once and she nigh on snapped her cannon bone (much like Verema in the Melb Cup but ours wasn't put down). Anyway, we got her in foal and she looked sick after I walked out one morning, she was not being nice like normal.
Called the vet, he come out with his box of tricks and forgot his thermometer, so anyway I'm standing at the rear of the horse his got his hand way up in her all the way to his shoulder and says, 'shit, have you got a thermometer, I forgot mine, so I raced to the shed and come running back.
It's at this point that I stopped and thought after previously just acting in panic about an expensive horse and foal getting sick, and thought to myself, I am about to put my brewing and meat thermometer up my horses arse, so anyway. He says, spit on it and put it up her, so I did just that, she flinched a little as it's got a pointy end, and up and up it goes.
As we are waiting for her temp to settle I say to him 'you know I cook meat and brew beer with that thing', the guy fell down in stitches and tears pissing himself laughing.

Thought I'd share this story to brighten y'all Sunday Morning :)

ROFLMAO...Thats a classic. But it could have been the other way around where you were brewing and your vet was there and you asked him to borrow a thermometer.

Vet: You know I usually stick that up horses arses.

The next time someone says your beer tastes like arse, you can tell them why.

Hah Yeh,

I was still using the thing up until this morning where it now has decided to give me far incorrect temps.

I'd give it the ass. It's a piece of shit now. You could give it a good scrub if you don't mind being anal.

I know some brewers try to get a 'barnyard' character into their beers but this is a bit too far!

A quick swipe on the mare's back was enough to give the beer that subtle hint of 'horseblanket.'

Mardoo said:
Did you get some of those sweet shoulder length rubber gloves in exchange?
Yeh, covered in horse internals :(

Camo6 brings the LOL's.

Its when you go to the doctor and he puts on an arms length glove you know fun times are to be had

Shaunous, you've made me miss the good old days of working on the land. I helped a neighbouring dairy farmer with a prolapsed friesian once and it was like trying to stuff a wet sleeping bag into a handbag. Good times.

hahahahahahahaha. Well you'll be pleased to know we had a cow with bad prolapse only last week, but I never thought of a description like that, I just nearly wet myself.

I love it out here mate, only been in the spot just under a year, well living anyway, but we've been flooded in twice already. Sitting in an old house, no tv reception, only thing that works is ABC am radio on an old record player. After saving the animals from floating away it's fun times in a flood, after, not so much. The smell and the midges really suck.

Back