Do I Need To Lager This One In Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
well i have this coopers pale ale going at the moment ,its been 6 days in primary and i have racked to secondry with 15 grms of hops in with it ,i will probably leave it in there for about 7 to 10 days .do you think i need to cc it in the fridge for a couple of weeks as well or shall i just bottle it and then put in fridge for a week after giving it a couple of weeks to gas up
cheers
fergi

14 days in the fridge should do it the world of good.

Jovial Monk

jovial is that in the fermentor or bottles
cheers
fergi

fergi, the fermenter or what ever your using for your cold conditioning.

i thought there was a post or an 'airlocked' thread with CC methods somewhere ?

fwiw
after the 7 days of secondary with hops, you should bottle with a filter to remove any extraneous hops material. allow a week or 2 for carbonation in the bottles & then store in a cold place for a few weeks/months to allow the beer to clear. realistically, since its coopers, once its carbonated, its up to you if u drink it or put in fridge for a week+. depends on how patient you are :)

I mean in a "cube" in the fridge, any yeast that drops out in that time then won't make it into your bottles. Any dry hops added should by then be on the bottom of the cube and not be any nuisance in racking the clear beer out of the cube for bottling.

JM

I would secondary at room temp for 7 days - then cc in the fridge for 7 days.

The hops usuually sink to the bottom - but lately they dont...hence i use my GMK In-Line filter prior to kegging/bottling bucket.

Hope this helps

Ken...

Back