Diy Projects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tknice

Reaction score
Hey all,

Our site BrewGeeks has been up for a couple of months now and although the blog is rolling along nicely, we are always looking for more Do It Yourself projects to post. If you have a project that is written up with pics, please send me a link because I'd love to add it. We are working on gathering as many great DIY projects as we can find to consolidate them in one place.

Send a pm or contact us on the site...whatever you like.
wink.gif

www.brewgeeks.com

Cheers!

TK

link is BREWGEEKS! I done everything DIY but never bothered to post it lol
Thanks fellas, I'm traveling and on a VERY slow connection--prob messed up my link. I think it's fixed now.
Ya, I have a few of those where I took no pics of the build as well. Even if you have a finished picture and can describe what you did a little bit, it may help someone else get started. I didn't see a place on Aussie for DIY projects so I guess they are posted around in different forums..

ANHC 2012 are giving prizes to the 'best bit of home made home brew kit' ... what do you get for stuff posted on your website? :)

ANHC 2012 are giving prizes to the 'best bit of home made home brew kit' ... what do you get for stuff posted on your website? :)
I don't have anything to give away because the site makes no money. :)
It's just for fun and to share ideas.

Slightly :icon_offtopic: sorry to OP.

I like the site, it has potential. However, I am a bit disappointed that the origin of BIAB is not mentioned. Especially when you come to the forum where I believe it was first discussed and developed.

FYI:

HERE I believe is the first post and thoughts of the evolution of BIAB which was started by James Squire and discussed by members such as Pistolpatch and AndrewQLD. I would go as far to say that these 3 members pioneered the conception of BIAB. Happy to be corrected otherwise.

HERE is another post maybe of interest.

Sorry to go off on a tangent......

Slightly :icon_offtopic: sorry to OP.

I like the site, it has potential. However, I am a bit disappointed that the origin of BIAB is not mentioned. Especially when you come to the forum where I believe it was first discussed and developed.

FYI:

HERE I believe is the first post and thoughts of the evolution of BIAB which was started by James Squire and discussed by members such as Pistolpatch and AndrewQLD. I would go as far to say that these 3 members pioneered the conception of BIAB. Happy to be corrected otherwise.

HERE is another post maybe of interest.

Sorry to go off on a tangent......
It's not a tangent, you are just offering feedback. That's how i see it.

I was aware of the origins of BIAB and I certainly appreciate that you guys developed it, otherwise I probably wouldn't be brewing AG because I want a process that is as efficient and simple as possible. I'll read through the links you provided and see how I can incorporate it in the BIAB summary. In my defense, the thought probably didn't cross my mind because the site is not all about BIAB. There is a ton of content that has nothing to do with BIAB and I'd say it's not the theme either. The theme revolves around sharing brewing info and tips with a focus on DIY projects.

Glad you liked the site though.. and I really appreciate your suggestion.

-TK

Amazing site! Lots of people post their DIYs on forums but it's great to have a central resource. Book marked :)

PS do you want DIY projects that didn't work out? That would be an interesting subsection - what not to do.

Joel

Amazing site! Lots of people post their DIYs on forums but it's great to have a central resource. Book marked :)

PS do you want DIY projects that didn't work out? That would be an interesting subsection - what not to do.

Joel
That's a great idea Joel, I definitely think people would like to see ideas that didn't work out.

What can we call the section? Hmmm.

Back