DIY Dual Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahlerisms

Reaction score
Hey Gang

I have two Tesuco regulators that look like this guy

productimage_4.jpg

Is there any way I can combine them and thus have two pouring pressures? Seen lots of post on other regs, but not these cheap guys.

I have no idea personally. However, wouldn't it be easier, and safer just selling them and buy a dual reg that is made for the purpose?

Check the thread on the GAS-IN (where you connect to bottle) and also the High Pressure gauge. If they are the same just remove a high pressure gauge and screw in the second one.

If you look on the opposite side of the gas in there is a plug.
Remove plug from one and gas in on the other, 1/4NPT joiner of suitable length btween the two.

There you go.

Thanks guys. Bit hesitant to pull a reg apart but I'll order a joiner and give it a go.

I did this with two of them, i'm fairly sure they were bsp though?

i just took them down to the engineering (bearing and bolt) shop after pulling out the outlet from one and the inlet from another and he gave me the fittings to do it. cost a couple of bucks...

regulator1.jpg

As you can see here, took the outlet from reg 1, screwed in a nipple,tee nipple, input to reg two.
Took the output from reg 1 and screwed it into the tee to make a hp takeoff.

that's it, end up with one spare input from reg 2, cost two nipples, one tee. :D

Don't listen to the naysayers. :p

Forgot to say, the hp one is crewed right up and just has a gas diconect with a ballvalve in line. I use it for doing the missuses soda water and the very rare force carb when i'm desperate to try a new beer.
The other line goes into the kegerator into a six way manifold for the kegs.

My apologies about digging up an old thread but i figure its still related and makes for future searches.

punkin said:
I did this with two of them, i'm fairly sure they were bsp though?

i just took them down to the engineering (bearing and bolt) shop after pulling out the outlet from one and the inlet from another and he gave me the fittings to do it. cost a couple of bucks...

attachicon.gif
regulator1.jpg

As you can see here, took the outlet from reg 1, screwed in a nipple,tee nipple, input to reg two.
Took the output from reg 1 and screwed it into the tee to make a hp takeoff.

that's it, end up with one spare input from reg 2, cost two nipples, one tee. :D

Don't listen to the naysayers. :p
Punkin how did you seal the new 'high' low pressure side? did you use thread tape or some sort of thread sealant?

Also how did you get the old fittings off the regulator they seem pretty tight on mine.

I made my dual reg with a 1.5 inch long 1/4 bsp nipple (i think regs are technically NPT but bsp will bugger itself onto NPT at 1/4 , 1/2 and 3/4 I think)

cost a couple bucks and make a frankenstein dual reg (2 different regs)

kegking also sell a couple different methods of joining 2 regs....

Back