Distressing But Necessary Question......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseGray

Reaction score
Hello good folk of Aussie Home Brewer, I have come to seek your advice! I am getting married soon, and the venue we are using gets its beers through Coopers (yay - win for me!) and has Pale Ale on tap (its a restaurant so can't expect too much!). However we can get another beer on tap for the night but the lovely wife to be has insisted on a beer for the family members who usually drink carlton midstrength etc.

So the question is what Coopers beer would keep this group happiest? Did some taste testing, but so no answer and now I'm half pissed! Choices I am aware of are Coopers Premiume Light (very watery, but maybe an option for drivers etc?) Coopers Clear (well you could drink a lot of it I guess) or Coopers 62 (which I would choose, but thats for me!) So which of these offerings would be most like a Carlton Midstrength or similars palette?

Thanks for your advice!

Cheers!

(Oh and the question is distressing because I have said Carlton Midstrength way to many times!)

the clear or the 62. Keep the pale ale all for yourself

what about the lager they do? Or saporro?

whatevs, just make sure you throw an mouse in the keg to get that authentic CUB taste

I have to say, I'm glad I wasn't a beer snob when I got married! :rolleyes:

Pretty sure I heard it here that Coopers made some import/export deal with Sierra Nevada. ;)

The best beer ever to have on tap at HER wedding is the beer your 'wife to be' says so. Suck it up. **** that up now and you will never live it down.

Get a pink limo caddy as your escape car and reep the rewards of a one night stand......

Ooops..... i mean to your honeymoon suite.

None of those beers taste anything like what CUB dish up.

If you are after a mid strength, neither the 62 or the clear are mids.... 62 is 5%, clear is 4.5%.

if its out of those three, the light is the way to go. And as far as light beer goes, its actually one of the better ones anyway.

I'm with Fish on this one. Coopers Mid Strength for sure. Certainly my choice when I'm trying to at least act responsible...

Another vote for Coopers Mild Ale... Even my "coopers hating" friends like it... (i am still asking myself why we are still friends ha)

Off topic, but my friend is having a wedding in September and has asked me to brew the beer for their reception. The BRIDE has requested a Bohemian Pilsner, American amber, Stout and IPA and If I am up for it - Kolshe and Helles.
Now THAT is my kinda wedding! fair bit of pressure on me to perform, but I am up for the challenge!

If im going to a BBQ and need to drive, i get a 6 pack of the coopers Mild. at 3.5% its 1 standard drink to the 375ml stubby which makes it very easy to keep track of my progrss and also it tastes WAY better than XXXX gold

hey... hang on........ why dont you brew something?

The BRIDE has requested a Bohemian Pilsner, American amber, Stout and IPA and If I am up for it - Kolshe and Helles.
... I am up for the challenge!

A good challenge indeed. You might want to start now to key in your recipe & process so you can get some great batches out for Sep...best.

As for OP - definitely the Coopers Mild. Is it just me or does Coopers 62 taste like one of your forgettable homebrews? I would rather drink VB which is all some music venues offer so it still gets a look in every now and again - I'm sure we'll see some faux craft breweries canning soon enough.

hey... hang on........ why dont you brew something?

Don't think a restaurant who have $8 corkage on wine are going to go with Byo beer! And for the record went with clear, no ones driving anywhere. Suits everyone who drink low carb blondes etc. so should keep them happy

Back