Dissapointed But Impressed!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Brewer's,

I'm posting this mainly for others who might be waiting for the same book without realizing the release date has slipped so much.

I had this book on pre-order with BookDepository.co.uk for awhile & thought I should have received it by now:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/CAMRAs-Com...r/9781852492847

I logged into my account & found out the release date had changed from this September to March 2012. Another 154 freakin' days away.

I then checked the authors website at http://www.practicalbrewing.co.uk/forum/vi...?f=29&t=298
And found this post by the author himself:
Re: The new book
Postby Graham Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 pm

"I will resume it when some of life's other pressures have relaxed a bit. I was spending every bit of spare time that I had on it, to the exclusion of just about everything else. It was getting too much for me and causing problems elsewhere, it was pulling me down. I am still keen to finish it, but at my own pace. I am not exactly a spring chicken, and I find it much harder than I remember it being in the past. Mind you, home brewing is a lot more complicated than it was in the past."

Stuff that! I thought & sent The Book Depository an email outlining the above info followed by.
This is unacceptable to me & I would like request a refund to my PayPal account please. I would still buy the book in the future if it were ever finished, but from what I see this may never happen.
Yours sincerely,
Real_Impatient

Low & behold within 10 minutes my account was showing my credit had been processed. I always knew I'd get a credit but thought it might have taken 24 hrs at least. So I'm disappointed about not getting the book but very impressed with the service at TBD, no wonder on-line shopping is catching on so quick. TBD's delivery times & product pricing are also great. :icon_cheers:

"I will resume it when some of life's other pressures have relaxed a bit. I was spending every bit of spare time that I had on it, to the exclusion of just about everything else. It was getting too much for me and causing problems elsewhere, it was pulling me down. I am still keen to finish it, but at my own pace. I am not exactly a spring chicken, and I find it much harder than I remember it being in the past. Mind you, home brewing is a lot more complicated than it was in the past."
The author has posted several times on the JBK forums about this new book.
The publishers released those dates without even asking or consulting him, and then put lots of pressure on him to get it finished by those dates (when he never agreed to it or had the time in the first place).
So while he said he'd like to finish the book, he's not going to work to any deadlines that are imposed without his agreement, which means it most likely will not even be finished by the new March 2012 date either.

So it's not really Book Depository's fault, but good to see they gave your money back so quickly.

The author has posted several times on the JBK forums about this new book.
The publishers released those dates without even asking or consulting him, and then put lots of pressure on him to get it finished by those dates (when he never agreed to it or had the time in the first place).
So while he said he'd like to finish the book, he's not going to work to any deadlines that are imposed without his agreement, which means it most likely will not even be finished by the new March 2012 date either.

So it's not really Book Depository's fault, but good to see they gave your money back so quickly.
Yeah I don't really blame anyone, but it would seem the publisher is the cause of the problem. I was looking forward to getting it as it was one of my Father's Day presents from my daughter's. However I've now ordered a good Stevie Ray Vaughan biography to replace it. :)

Back