Dismantling Ek/swing Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooza

Reaction score
hi all,
was wondering if anyone has pulled an ek or swing type tap apart. any hints/advice appreciated. i have the kit from andale but no instructions. i have no idea on getting the circlip out to begin with.

cheers.

Have a search on you tube. I cant access video from work but it looks like there are some vids.

I have two of them, which I have pulled apart to clean and service. Mine however are slightly different and do not have circlips. They had a curved nut at the top, which allows removal of the handle. Then you need to unscrew the "core" from the lower part of the body with a spanner. This bit is quite hard to do if you haven't done it before, it can be quite tight and not particularly obvious. Make sure you note how the whole thing is put together as there are A LOT of parts to these things and there are more than one way to reassemble them (not all of which work).

thanks guys, just been in shed and all serviced now. only shifter needed.
only had to push down on the handle to access the circlip (it then just slips out of its groove).
cheers scooza.

Back