Quantcast

Discussion On Moderation

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_labb

Reaction score
There have been a string of locked threads over the last couple days. I did find some of the original threads quite annoying but I am able to avoid going in there and people should be able to voice their opinion.

I wasn't bothered by the first couple threads being locked as the OP sounded like an overtired child having a tantrum, but I questioned why. What really bothered me was when a thread questioning wether moderation had gone too far was not only locked but completely deleted so no one could see what was posted originally. Dane brought back the OP's posts after being warned thath the op was going to seek LEGAL ADVICE, but the rest of the discussion was lost. Addmittedly there was alot of shit in there but by deleting it there was a fair bit of sane discussion going on about wether moderation had gone too far. As much as some of the offending posts had offensive language there is often similar levels of offensive language through the

I'm starting this thread because I think there needs to be some sort of discussion about the moderation for people to be comfortable posting here. Clearly this is neccesary when legal action is mentioned in these circumstances. I personally feel concerned about the situation and was and am considering frequenting another forum for brewing talk after seeing the way this was handled.

I started this thread hoping that it could be a place where an adult conversation about what the moderators expect and what goes on. I understand that what happens on this forum is ultimately up to Dane but I don't think he aims to shut down threads without a reason.

So can Dane or one of the Mods explain the reasons why some of the threads were locked and more importantly why the "freedom of speech" thread was completely deleted so that a sane conversation can happen? I'm hoping that this will be the case as this shouldn't come up in the feed. edit: it does come up in the feed...

Admin Edit (Dane) : Replied to OP's request via PM.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
No, we work hard behind the scenes removing crap, and expecting every action to be justified is unrealistic. if you get moderated, move on.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.