Disconnects Angle Of The Dangle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
i'm building a camping keezer that's going to be chocked full of ice for the upcoming boys trip..

I've noticed on the gas lines i've got in my regular keezer that the push fittings onto the ball lock disconnects, can leak if the hose is 'stressed'/pushed on an angle..

I'm worried that if we chock the keezer with ice and then shut the lid we may create a leak with weight on the gas line, and not know about it until there's no more beer pouring...

I'm thinking of bandaging the tube - push fit join, so they don't flex..

any comments/ideas on how to avoid the bendy leak?

i'm building a camping keezer that's going to be chocked full of ice for the upcoming boys trip..

I've noticed on the gas lines i've got in my regular keezer that the push fittings onto the ball lock disconnects, can leak if the hose is 'stressed'/pushed on an angle..

I'm worried that if we chock the keezer with ice and then shut the lid we may create a leak with weight on the gas line, and not know about it until there's no more beer pouring...

I'm thinking of bandaging the tube - push fit join, so they don't flex..

any comments/ideas on how to avoid the bendy leak?

You could go to barbs?

Or switch to hex+barb fittings instead of pushfit

something like this http://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/keg-pa...wivel-hose-stem

Swivelnut._stem_medium.jpeg

yeah could go barb, but i've got all the push fittings already...

trying to 'contain' the costs on this build,

i may just take the sodastream bottles for emergency backup in case the regular bottle runs dry...

Latest posts

Back