Disassembly Of Old Cub Fonts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirns

Reaction score
I have two of what I believe are the old CUB fonts. I'm wishing to take the cubed head (that the taps screw into) off of the font tower to replace beer lines and fully clean and service. Looking for advice from those that have done this. I'm assuming it will be a normal right hand thread or anti-clockwise to loosen. With the age I'm worried about being able to do this without damaging the chrome.

DSCF0696.JPG

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Hirns

Wow that looks soo much like an Andale tap!

yep its anticlockwise for memeory. i have one of these "cubed" heads but its a double cube so it runs two taps. just undo the tap, make sure all beer/c02 lines are disconnected and undo it. maybe a bit of wd40 might loosen it up.

Thanks Fent.

The second one I have is the double cube. I'm wishing to upgrade after the rebuild as their is a small bit of corrosion. I've just had the cube in the bench vice (wrapped in leather) and tried a pair of multigrips around the very bottom of the font above the thread of the main bolt. No Joy (where's the cry emoticon?) Will invert it and spray WD40 down into it where the beer lines go in and leave it over night. That failing, I'll throw her into the freezer overnight and try that. I do have some CRC spray freeze but I think that there is too much solid brass there for it to have any effect. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Ch :icon_chickcheers: eers

Hirns

Latest posts

Back