Disappointing Delivery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adr_0

Gear Bod
Reaction score
No, not dodgy equipment from a supplier...

I ordered a carton (20 x 500mL) of Weihenstephaner Tradition. This is one of my favourite beers, and I love to grab one whenever we're at the German Club. I found somewhere online and couldn't resist.

So when I saw the delivery notice in the mailbox yesterday, my hopes soared... and a day off today!

The people in the post office could feel my nervous energy as I waited in anticipation for the attendant to slide over a beautiful carton of some of the Fatherland's Finest... and then she promptly straightened up and plonked down a box of vacuum cleaner bags that we had ordered last week from Miele. <_<

'Disappointment' was an understatement. :( :eek:

When I read "disappointing delivery" I thought I was going to read "we ended up with a girl, had hoped for a boy".

Been there brother...received a card when I got home from work that I had a parcel at the post office. Maybe its my brewing books I brought from amazon, or a regulator I brought off an AHB member. Then again it could be some ebay brewing bits and pieces I brought. It was 4.30 and the peak hour traffic was building but as it was Friday and I didnt want to wait all weekend, so I battled the peak hour traffic to the post office. Stood inline for what seemed like ages and collected my parcel..

Damn it..It was some make up shit SWMBO had brought. She could have waited for that until Monday and gone herself.

You should get your own name so you don't have to share anymore.

First world problem. You'll get over it, and have clean carpet.

your postie is pissed on german beer.....

bum said:
You should get your own name so you don't have to share anymore.
ummm... She brought it on my ebay account so it was addressed to me.

I'm not sure you quite got my super subtle point.

I thought this was a thread about poorly articulated jokes.

Tradition is a rad beer. I would be upset too.

Samuel Adams said:
Wow, I will keep a look out at the LBS. I ordered from http://www.aclandcellars.com.au/beer/weihenstephaner-traditional-beer
, which seemed ok. Driving a HJ60 Land Cruiser or a Laser pretty well makes it impossible to get a speeding fine at least. :)
Truman said:
Been there brother...received a card when I got home from work that I had a parcel at the post office. Maybe its my brewing books I brought from amazon, or a regulator I brought off an AHB member. Then again it could be some ebay brewing bits and pieces I brought. It was 4.30 and the peak hour traffic was building but as it was Friday and I didnt want to wait all weekend, so I battled the peak hour traffic to the post office. Stood inline for what seemed like ages and collected my parcel..

Damn it..It was some make up shit SWMBO had brought. She could have waited for that until Monday and gone herself.
Ah man, that just sucks. :( I guess makeup and vacuum cleaner bags both bring positives at the end of the day, but nothing is as positive as brew books, brew equipment, or brews...

Laser, Laser?? I bought one of the first KB Lasers in the early 1980s and I asked the sales guys about running it in (as you had to do with former models such as the Kingswood until everything was seated and the metal filings from all the rasping of the ill fitting - by modern standards - parts had ground each other into submission) then you changed the oil to get rid of the metal shards and then drove the vehicle for the next seven years with oil changes every 2000k until the heap of badly assembled dangerous dogshit rusted rapidly into the ground.

No problem they said, you don't need to run a Laser in as such, being a paragon of wonderful fin-de-siecle engineering, but the best plan is to do various speeds for a few weeks, and the best way of all is just to take it on holiday.

Woohoo, so we Went from Hervey Bay to Canberra on holiday and I varied the speed as recommended down the Newell Highway at 120, 130 and 140.

Bribie G said:
Laser, Laser?? I bought one of the first KB Lasers in the early 1980s and I asked the sales guys about running it in (as you had to do with former models such as the Kingswood until everything was seated and the metal filings from all the rasping of the ill fitting - by modern standards - parts had ground each other into submission) then you changed the oil to get rid of the metal shards and then drove the vehicle for the next seven years with oil changes every 2000k until the heap of badly assembled dangerous dogshit rusted rapidly into the ground.

No problem they said, you don't need to run a Laser in as such, being a paragon of wonderful fin-de-siecle engineering, but the best plan is to do various speeds for a few weeks, and the best way of all is just to take it on holiday.

Woohoo, so we Went from Hervey Bay to Canberra on holiday and I varied the speed as recommended down the Newell Highway at 120, 130 and 140.
I think most Lasers are actually a 323 or 626, with a few Ford bolt-ons. Speaking of running in, the Land Cruiser is about to tick over 400,000km - so should just about be there. At least there is no rust in the tyres...

Truman said:
No I think I missed it completely... :)
Hey, Arnold Schwarzenegger wore makeup and nobody picks on him. hmmm... well I guess so do Adrien Brody and Edward Norton and people don't pick on those guys either... I don't think...

I guess my clumsy point - very much like yours, though a different point - is let's be nice to each other. :)

Whoops, quoted Truman instead of bum. Awkward...

Adr_0 said:
I guess makeup and vacuum cleaner bags both bring positives at the end of the day, but nothing is as positive as brew books, brew equipment, or brews...
If you have enough brews the makeup becomes redundant.

I don't even want to know why the vacuum bags remain essential...

Back