Dim Sim's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish Galore and more... but im biased!

other than that, dumpling king isnt bad but sometimes can be a little greasy if its fried. they dont enough attention to the temperature of their oil. needs to be about 180C. less than that absorbs too much oil. more than that and the ouside cooks more than the inside. up to 190C is ok.

liked steamed dimmies? then put a metal tray in your old school electric fry pan, some water and steam away. my old man when he worked a chef used to have us kids on saturday mornings. steam dim sim sandwiches (breadm dimmies, lettuce, soy sauce or kechup manis) every saturday lunch. awesome.

edit. did a variation today. the 'mexican' style wraps, steamed dimmies with grated cheese and carrot heated, then some lettuce and BBQ sauce for lunch... :icon_drool2: hangover cure alright. not that i had one. but still.

not the australian movie 'Take Away' version thats for sure! a mouse falls into a deep frier and the chinese (from memory. could be wrong) guy sells it as a delicacy... hence born is the dim sim.

there is a bloke who has a stall at the craft markets that do the rounds in melbourne. very tasty fried dimmies.

I love dimmies! fried, steamed or BBQ'd. Dont have to be fancy ones, a generic dimmie is a god send when you are hungover.

Latest posts

Back