dilute?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridge runner

Reaction score
my beer i made should have been 1065 i forgot to add about 5ltr to kettle to dilute (biab-maxi) now its sitting at 1085 in fermenter.could i dilute with water and rack on top before bottling or just ride the wave and see what comes?

also when bottling in 568ml bottles has anyone added two coppers lollies before, i have been adding 1 but a bit low on carb for me. As i dont want beer bombs?

you could dilute now? I wouldnt dilute following fermentation, you'll be needing a very healthy pitch of yeast for that at 1085 too I'd expect :)

Well, if it were me, I would add the 5 liters to my fermenter now... however, I am a cowboy brewer :O

yob, i have a bag of ctz would or could you make a good smash with this? i used nottingham yeast its going nuts!

Technically you can't SMASH with CTZ as its a blend of hops but yes it's good to go alone,

Not sure what I'd pair it with actually.. Maybe something with pine, Chinook may fit as a guess

was told one hop 3 names but thats cool. will see what i have in freezer.

Columbus and tomahawk are but Zeus is apparently genetically different but is so close that they are bunched together, such I'd my understanding anyway... Depends on where you read what

Yep. Not a blend.

Great hop but I'm not sure it can support a SMaSH. But reckon SMaSH brews are a shitty idea anyway so don't listen to me. Great hop early and late boil, even good for dry with other hops.

FWIW info for on Zeus from >HERE<

further reading on C/T >HERE<

so kind of Ha Sip Ha Sip, (50/50) they are different but so close to each other that it's really hair splitting anyway.

:icon_cheers:

Hmmm...didn't know that. Thanks. However, still not a blend. If you're buying CTZ you'll be getting C, T or Z.

Yob said:
you could dilute now? I wouldnt dilute following fermentation, you'll be needing a very healthy pitch of yeast for that at 1085 too I'd expect :)
Why wouldn't you dilute now? I'd have no issues diluting now before bottling & producing the alcohol/balance originally intended.
Gillie, add the water asap though, if the beer is still fermenting you'll assist the yeast by reducing the alcohol.

Cheers Ross

what sort of water can i use boiled water thats cooled / tap water / bottled?

Cooled, boiled water.
If you have a second vessel I'd be looking at dropping the first batch into the 2nd with the water in it. Will reoxygenate and spur on the yeast for a second run.

Even tap water in a sanitised vessel will be fine.

Columbus makes a great single hop beer, I actually prefer it on its lonesome cause I find it can overpower blends... To my taste anyway.

ok so if i starsan a vessel and add tap water and add now while fermenting all good yes .

Boil 5 litre, cool 5 litre, dump 5 litre.

stakka82 can you give advice on hop additions for a ctz pale ale maybe one of your brews and i can scale for my urn

well my first runnings came out at 10% ABV and low on hop flavour and the second runnings came in at 3.7% ABV and like a hop bomb IIPA!! was fun tho. i think next time i will just sparge grain in bucket and add to the boil until i finish with around 20lt or close too.

Latest posts

Back