Digital Temp Controlers For Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Reaction score
hello all
I know there are alot of threads on this subject and i have gone through most and the seem to be 300 or so posted replys .I am want ing one of these for my fridge but need to see a picture and want to know if any one has one made up to or ready as a plug and play set i could get my grubby little hands on .

all i want to do is get one plug it in set the desired temp and away we go ??

as it is very hot up here and the temps are never stable i need to convert a fridge or a freezer to do the job .
any members that can help ?? i dont mind if i have to put it togethr just need everything to get going .

i only want to spend around the 60 - 80 dollar mark as i am a poor brewer LoL

ANY IDEAS

DELBOY :D

See Dreamboats thread on the XR10c from Dixell - have wired two of these things up - easy....

Cheers
JSB

Ones that are truly plug and play are not so easy to source, most require some wiring or full on assembly.

Adloheat have a couple of plug and play models, but they are in the $90-100 range. When I enquired they quoted postage of $10 to Adelaide.

You will not get a new DIGITAL temp controller and fittings for $60-$80.
Unless you are willing to spend about $100-$110 for a good digital temp controller that's plug and play in a box ready to go - forget about it.

Hoops

is that the cost for the Dixel units Hoops ???

Hi there,

My Dixell in the last Dreamboat BB was $96 inc postage. I bought a project box, extension cord, cable joiners and grommet for under $20 and wired it up. That was 2 weeks ago and I have had faultless performance so far. Very easy to set temps etc, I'd recommend getting in quick as there is another BB about to go off.

i second the drixel as they are easy as pie to set up and use. i think dreamboat is in the process of a buy at the moment so be quick or wait till the next one

Linz said:
is that the cost for the Dixel units Hoops ???
[post="112699"][/post]​
Linz
yeah, the dixell is $85 plus say $20 for box, extension lead and glands so just over $100 ready to go plug and play.

Hoops

PS: One day soon I will post the parts and photos of mine

ok just got an mtc 2120 digital tempcontroller for 35 bucks and 6. 50 post to my door

it has 240 vac 10 amp solid state relay x2 alarm buz when to high temp is reached or to low temp is reached .it come with prob and wiring diagram .

all i need to do is mount it in a jiffy box and wire up basically plug and play just need to see if an exrta relay might be required so as no to blow the one in the box .

thanks for your info guys i have cut and pasted the diagrams as well and i think iwill convert all my fridges in the house as well so as to save on power as the fridge i am running inside for the food is always freezing my lettuce and i cant wind it up any more it works more like a freezer.

Nice one
second hand is always a cheaper option if you can get it.
You certainly wont regret having a temp controlled fermenting fridge

Hoops

I know its not 'digital' but i have found that my adlo is pretty accurate, no complaints here! ($113 delivered)

I don't know much about temp controllers, which is why I go for the tried and tested Dixell XR10C and keep all my temp controllers the same batch and type for ease of operation, and less confusion for me.
Good luck with it though, they work great, you'll never regret having a temp controlled fermenting fridge

Hoops

yes hoops these are listed as new so that a bloody good price just went to the site that makes them for a diagram and they look as if i wont need an extra relay to do the job as they have a 10 amp solidstate onboard.??

what do you think dreamboat you da man when it comes down to these things?

will 10 amp relay be sufficiant for the compressor cut in on this.

delboy

http://www.kibnt.com/ENGLISH/cpjs/MTC-2120.asp

go here for the low down seems these are built for refridgeration.

MTC_2120_1.jpg

10A will be heaps delboy.
The unit looks a little old style, but I am sure that it would do the job for you.

IF you can pick it up for under $70ish, and the seller will take it back if it's DOA, then you have got a good bargain!

Good Luck

dreamboat

These will be fine Delboy. I have considered buying a bunch of these from the buyer and building them into controllers for sale on this board as a full plug and go option for those not willing to wire their own.

Haven't acted on it because I'm just too damn busy at the moment. They are basically an identical unit to the Dixell from what I can work out.

Should be the goods.

Cheers, Justin

Thanks for the ebay link delboy, I just picked one of these up :D I should be right putting it together but if you could post some pic just for fun that would be great :beer:

What kind of pressure would the end of the probe take(ie . compression fitting).

Also, would this unit be any good for use on a HLT??

Latest posts

Back