Digital Scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdbrown

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has one of these scales for grain measurements
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electronic-Comp...=item3a6ae1a979

I currently have one of those 5kg/1g cheap plastic kitchen ones that go for around $10. I'm not entirely confident of the accuracy at low weights (salts and hops) so have got a small 1000g/0.01g one now. When measuring grain the bucket is larger than the weigh plate and the measured weight can vary as I level the grain in the bucket. 5kg is a pain considering the paint bucket weighs about 1kg and I'm normally weighing out 10+kg grain. So figure something with a larger plate and increase in weight would be a better option.

So does anyone have these (or recommend something similar) and think they are good and accurate? Would like to get one that was 15kg/1g but seem to jump from 5kg to 35kg.

Cheers
-cdbrown

There are both 10kg and 20kg scales on Ebay for reasonable prices that weigh to 1g. Just search Ebay for digital scales 10kg or 20 kg.

cheers

Ian

Hello CDbrown,
Hogshead and myself have smiliar scales bought through ebay about 6 months ago costing $41.90 delivered. The seller was ozplaza.living, not sure if they still sell them.
I have found them to be very good. The build quality isn't 100% but for the price they are great.
They have a rechargeable battery as well as mains power.
Cheers

I've the same ones (pretty much)
I've also punched in an average $ for my grains so I can work out "roughly" how much my brews cost.
as said not perfect, build quality isnt brilliant and I wouldnt want to be looking for 100% accuracy but for grain bills they are perfect.
I have some cheapy 400gram (0.01 gram increments) scales for my hops. I dont do other water additions (yet...) but they seem to work well too.

Best bit is SWMBO isnt bitching at me about stealing her scales any more ;)

Hello CDbrown,
Hogshead and myself have smiliar scales bought through ebay about 6 months ago costing $41.90 delivered. The seller was ozplaza.living, not sure if they still sell them.
I have found them to be very good. The build quality isn't 100% but for the price they are great.
They have a rechargeable battery as well as mains power.
Cheers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electronic-Comp...#ht_3689wt_1139

$39 now, if these are the same ones from the same retailer

Ahh sweet - those guys didn't have any before. Thanks kieran you've just helped me save some cash!

Latest posts

Back