Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Digiboil hacks

Discussion in 'Electronics, Hardware & Software' started by Half-baked, 3/9/19.

1. Half-baked

Posted 3/9/19
    The Digiboil seems to be an increasingly popular urn option, as a low cost alternative to the Crown or Birko.

Out of the box it’s fine for basic BIAB, but for those of us looking at using the Digiboil with a PID, the control board complicates things.

I recently bought one and will shortly rewire to bypass the control board, and was slightly surprised that there didn’t seem to be a how-to guide anywhere.

I understand that there are a fair few people who have done so, and expect plenty more will do so, so thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to this and other Digiboil hacks.

As a starter, here are some photos of the internal wiring to serve as a baseline/reference point:

IMG_1115.JPG IMG_1118.JPG

trex_sami likes this.
  2. Half-baked

Posted 12/9/19
    Hoping to get a few more knowledgeable than me to look over the attached wiring diagram for a control panel bypass.

I’ll be using a Craftbeer Pi, so need it to be able to handle short pulses of electricity.

Still want to select the different elements and have the boil dry protection.

Will get this checked by a sparky before using...

IMG_3F83E43BCF60-1.jpeg

trex_sami likes this.